Laundry Question: Suede

by AudeSapere 11 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Try sprinkling some baby powder or cornstarch on the spot, working it in a bit with a clean toothbrush, then letting it sit while the powder/cornstarch soaks up the butter. Brush off and repeat if necessary.

The first step is to clear the stain of any excess grease or oil with a clean, dry cloth. Never use water to clean such stains. It merely spreads the stain or embeds it deeper in the material. Finally, use a quality degreaser, such as one available from LeatherWorldTech.com. After using the degreaser, clean the area with Nubuck cleaner and then apply NuBuck protector. Use a NuBuck sponge/brush to raise the nap of the leather.

White vinegar applied with damp cloth, rinse then brush the area to bring back the nap. Test first of less visible part of the shoe.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    If all else fails drink the vodka and you'll forget about the stain.

LOL. Best laugh of the day! Thanks

I will have to look for Thoro, too.

This stain had just ruined my day. It shouldn't have but it did. It's my absolute favorite jacket. Business lunch today - one of my coworkers (who had just been treading on a raw nerve of mine all week) sat next to me and dropped a butter knife on the sleeve. It smeared to 3 places and I was so irritated I couldn't find speakable words.

All your tips may end up saving someone's life.

Or just reduce my dry-cleaning bills.

Thanks again everyone.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit