Interesting site-30 yr jw, elder, df last year writes book

by orbison11 17 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
  • blondie
    blondie

isn't this the guy that runs/ran the e-watchman website?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    isn't this the guy that runs/ran the e-watchman website?

yes I believe it is.

• Jourles
    Jourles

We might have to give ol' You Know a call and see if he wants to come to one of the next meetups....

Robert King
    Phone: 248-227-4991
    512 S. Washington St. #137
    Royal Oak, Michigan 48067

• Terry
    Terry

The splash page has this blurb:

For the past 10 years the author has been emerged in an intense study of the Hebrew prophecies

EMERGED?

• Confession
    Confession

For the past 10 years the author has been emerged in an intense study of the Hebrew prophecies
    EMERGED?

LOL! I try to tolerate usage that at least comes close to accuracy. I mean, he could have said "submerged," and that wouldn't have been the best, but I'd have overlooked it. He could have meant "engaged," which would have been accurate, but probably wouldn't have delivered the verbal intensity he's going for. But "emerged"?

I'm pretty sure he meant, "immersed."

1. To engage wholly or deeply; absorb: scholars who immerse themselves in their subjects.
  • Confession
    Confession

BTW, I also noticed in the video on his site, he pronounces the word, "pestilence" as [PEST-yoo-lence] two times.

Don't you just hate verbal snobs like me? Sorry... I don't usually indulge, but Terry started it.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Just watched his video on his website.
    This guy was destined either for either a place on the GB or apostacy!
    Eyeslice

• greendawn
    greendawn

He still believes that the JW dogma is correct but the GB has been idolised too much by the R&F so his intention is to reform the JWs, shame he doesn't realise that the JW dogma is mostly wrong. Now that he got thrown out he may have to rethink his position on the JWs.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Now that he got thrown out he may have to rethink his position on the JWs

That’s my guess too. They won’t have him back and as time passes he will most likely grow bitter out of frustration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit