Ian in hospital with fever - here's the address for cards

by Alleymom 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

The funny thing is had Ian still been a witness there is NO WAY he would have got this many cards.

You can just see the bethel spies banging their keyboards in rage with Jealousy of the love shown on this board for Ian.

• wombat
    wombat

Yeah Dr J.......Wouldn't it be fantastic if his room was overflowing with cards. What a witness that would be to a good man.

Come on..Get off your butts and send Ian a card....Let's go for a Guiness record.....

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Thanks to Lady Lee for changing message #1 in this thread. (Ian was moved from room 3 to room 16 yesterday --- but if you've already sent a card to room 3, don't worry, I am sure the hospital will sort it out.)

I heard from Claire this morning and she was going to be heading to the hospital a little later. It's a long drive across the city to the hospital --- she said it would only be 30-40 minutes if there were no traffic, but since there IS traffic, it takes anywhere from 1 to 2 hours! She was very cheerful about it, though. If she emails an update tonight I will be sure to post it.

I wish we could get the cards there quicker ... I am figuring the U. S. cards will start to arrive towards the end of next week. I'm hoping some of Ian's British friends will have mailed cards by now so he'll have something arriving at the beginning of the week as well.

Marjorie

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

we will keep you in our prayers

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Great points Doc & Wombat - imagine that - Ian now has real friends sending best, no strings attached, wishes from all over the globe.

What would an American say? .. oh yeah ..chin up - Hey we're root'n for ya Ian!

unclebruce

ps: hey guys, for a special homecomming gift we'll need to contact gumby's rep in the UK.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

BTT!

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Here's a picture of the hospital where Ian is being treated:

And here is a link to the Christie Hospital website:

http://www.christie.nhs.uk/

Marjorie

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Hey, everyone! Look what I found on the Christie Hospital site:

http://www.christie.nhs.uk/greetings/Default.aspx

We can send e-greetings to Ian!
    Volunteers will print them out and deliver them to the patients between 9-5 from M-F.

You have to select the proper Ward. I am guessing that "ALU" on the pull-down menu stands for Adult Leukaemia Unit, so I used that.

Marjorie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thank you Marjorie : I just sent one.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom
    Thank you Marjorie : I just sent one.

I'm excited! I was wishing there was a way we could hurry our greeting cards up and get them to him sooner.

Now we can surprise him with a pile of email greetings printed out and delivered on Monday! I'm impressed that the Christie Hospital offers a wonderful service like this!

Marjorie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit