Commonwealth Games

by Clam 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

I have to say that I'm very glad that the Commonwealth Games are being held in Australia. The Sydney Olympics was the best ever and I can never see it being topped. I didn't see the opening ceremony but I've already heard lots of people around here saying how excellent it was. It will also be good to watch uninterrupted sport without it pissing it down raining. Good on the Aussies. Having said that can you please make sure that Betty Windsor gets back safely? Thanks.

• wombat
    wombat

Hi Clam....

What's up with this page?? I had to scroll down a couple of yards to find the reply button.

Anyway, the crowd gave Betty a rousing Happy Birthday (even though it's not until next month). A good time is being had by all.

Sorry but possible rain is forecast for tomorrow. But that's Melbourne for you. They can have four seasons in a day. Not like sunny Queensland.

I'm surprised that any Americans have even heard of the Commonwealth Games. It's all good fun.

• wombat
    wombat

Oops...Sorry Clam..You're not a Yank..you're a Pom. Bad mistake. So sorry.

Our PM today said that Australia would stay a part of the Commonwealth for so long as Betty was the Queen. Doesn't look too good for Chaz. I reckon he'd be hoping that Australia became a republic before his Mum departed. Otherwise he'll get the blame for it.

Most Australians prefer the present set-up. We don't trust the Republican movement here. We had a referendum but the question was loaded. We weren't given the opportunity to vote on our Head of State.. He/she would be appointed by politicians. Bull shit.

Whilst I am into bad language........."Where the bloody hell are you?"...Australian tourism commercial banned on British TV. And every Thursday I watch "Little Britain".....Cheers Wombat

• Clam
    Clam

Hi Wombat

What's up with this page??

I don't know. Everytime I posted it left only one line of text. Now the post is exactly 100 metres long which is appropriate!

Ta for looking after Betty but you should become a Republic soon IMO. After all you wouldn't want Chas and Camilla's pictures on your money.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Most Australians prefer the present set-up. We don't trust the Republican movement here. We had a referendum but the question was loaded. We weren't given the opportunity to vote on our Head of State.. He/she would be appointed by politicians. Bull shit.

spot on wombat .

unclebruce

• wombat
    wombat

Actually Clam, Camilla can look quite seductive in certain lighting..........Especially when you can't remember your last root..

Your spacing error is fantastic. I can say things here that no-one else (say, Jgnat) will never find. I can be disgusting.

How about SA beating Australia in the one dayer. Fantastic. No wonder Warne won't play in them. The bowlers are always going to be crucified with the easy pitches and short boundaries.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey clam you nice and snug in that bear coat? Scared me, for a while there I thought you'd done a jonah and was talking out its a..earole.

If we become a republic we might end up like the US or even be at risk of beng taken over by foreign interests. At least with the monarchy we are free and stable with what we've got. The present parlimentary system was a long time in the making and we like the hibryd we created in thev 1890's. I was a staunch republican but saw the light along with many others at the last referendum.

I don't mind Charles, he can come help with the garden anytime. He paints well and has a good eye for architecture and other heritage. Snappy dresser too - cufflinks for all occations lol. he'd probably get annoying after a day or two though. I think Camila's been given a bad run.

anyway sack your queen if you like but we'll keep ours thanks lol.

• Clam
    Clam

Yes that was one great cricket match Wombat, but the Aussies are hammering them today in Cape Town in the 1st Test. SA are 198/8

Thank you for those kind words re Camilla. From a distance, in poor light and wearing your beer goggles she can be quite fetching.

• Clam
    Clam

By the way if you're an Aussie god botherer, look at this link posted by Funky Derek in another thread.

http://www.theaussiebible.com.au/Default.htm

Uncle B - the story of Jonah and the Saltie is in there somewhere I reckon.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

thanks bearbro ... i'm still a bit worried about you in there though... i feel like offering you fish

EDIT: Yuk that's not a real aussie bible - Kel Richards is a bored again disc jockey christian .. ah one of these years

The closest we have to a real one is still the pidgin english one from png,mmm i wish in still had mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit