Converting Muslims

by Dr Jekyll 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

There's a couple of posts on here tonight about a carton with dubs trying to convert a Muslim terrorist and it got me thinking.

Does anyone here personally know of any Muslim converting and becoming a dub? I imagine it must be a huge step for someone doing that, it goes against their religion and their ethnic cultures.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes -but as you say very rare

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Whats next Suicide Witnesses?

Knock Knock Whos there? KABOOM

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

No, but I read an interesting testimonial of a Jehovah's Witness who converted to Islam.

http://jamaat.net/comp/jw/storyofaconvert.html

And, of course, theres the very famous Michael Jackson now pursuing the Muslim religion in Bahrain.

• aniron
    aniron

Not known any Muslim become a JW.

Have known a couple who became Christians. Consequently are now under a death threat. They had to leave Iran leaving their wives and family behind.

• dozy
    dozy

Very very few religious Muslims who have become witnesses in the UK - numbers in the low teens. There are a couple in Glasgow where there are Urdu & Gujarati groups. When a Muslim becomes a witness these are often estranged from family - they sometimes have death threats for apostasy or are put on a plane back "home" , never to be heard of again. (And you think the JW disfellowshipping procedure is harsh!)

There are many more JWs who are secular Muslims or ex-"Christians" from a nominal Muslim cultural background - probably numbers up to 1000 (out of over 1 million Muslims in the UK).

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jesus Eagle - don't give the society ideas .. exploding sheep

• Honesty
    Honesty

I know one who converted from Islam to the JW cult. He no longer attends any meetings but I doubt that he'll return to Islam because of the death threat hanging over his head for rejecting Muhammed as his personal savior. He will have two death threats hanging over his head if he decides to reject the Governing Body as his personal savior.

• Clam
    Clam

I reckon Bin Laden would make a good Dub.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Jesus Eagle - don't give the society ideas .. exploding sheep

Yeah you can imagine the PO sending them out to people like Gary B and Danny H to do a little job for Jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit