Last of the Governing Body??

by EvilSpicy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EvilSpicy
    EvilSpicy

OK, so JWs believe that the beginning of Armageddon comes when the last of the governing body passes away....right?

So, you'd think, "hey, those guys are old farts now. Surely there can only be a few left, what are they,like 100 years old?"

I just did a little research, and it turns out that the WTBTS has elected NEW ANNOINTED governing body members....some as young as 50 years old....now I ask you....what would be the point in electing new officials if all JWs are waiting for the officials to pass away so Armageddon can come?! When will they open their eyes and stop blindly following a religion that is not designed to last the long haul? In fact, any religion that bases itself upon some great moment of revelation (i.e. Armageddon, The Rapture, etc) would, to anyone with open eyes, seem doomed for failure....what does a religion do when decades, even centuries pass, and there is no great moment of "revelation"....Ah! But of course.....they rely on "The annointed's vision from God" to pass new doctrine, covering their butts and keeping their heads above water.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi EvilSpicy. Welcome to the board.

They cover themselves better than you think. They say that some "anointed" may be still alive to lead the "great crowd" through Armaggedon.

Cellist

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hi EvilSpicy welcome to the board

• EvilSpicy
    EvilSpicy

UM HMM....sneaky.... the amazing Rubber Religion

• heathen
    heathen

EvilSpicy--- The WTBTS does not say that all the anointed are dead when christ begins the millenial reign . They came up with some goofy retarded symbolic death where as revelation does say that the 144k are martyred for their belief in christ . All those scriptures used by other religions to point to a rapture are only applicable to the 144k according to WTBTS dogma .

• EvilSpicy
    EvilSpicy

With the JW's its hard to keep clear track of what parts of the bible and their doctrine that they translate literally and what parts are supposedly "symbolic"

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Remember, if things don't work out as predicted, they can always play the trump card.

Simply stated, by adding the words "symbolically", "in a symbolic sense", "figuratively", etc. to just about any statement, you can still claim that you were correct but only JW's understand what happened.

So the GB could be part of the completed 144,000 "in a symbolic sense" but still be here on earth.

You can never prove

• greendawn
    greendawn

By now most of the "faithful remanent" should be dead since it's been 71 years since 1935 when the number was supposedly completed so if they can find 50 year old GB members that means there is something very dodgy in their beliefs. The total anointed number got stuck on around 8000 for a long time now.

• EvilSpicy
    EvilSpicy

My sister and I have often wondered who is profitting from the JW religion?

• heathen
    heathen
    so if they can find 50 year old GB members that means there is something very dodgy in their beliefs.

Ya think? Their belief is wrong and it's obvious to anybody that reads revelation .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit