For those who aren't Disfellowshipped,do you still consider yourself a JW?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was baptized JW, so yes I would say I'm still a JW, but I don't agree with all that they do.

So, I still consider myself a JW

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

No - definately not! However I am nominally a Jehovah's Witness (euurggh!) in the eyes of others.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Hell no!

• Jourles
    Jourles

It's obvious that if someone participates on this board in a regular fashion and they are not yet df'd, they do not consider themselves a JW. At least in the sense of a good practicing JW. Sure, you may be a JW on paper, but mentally you're not. That would be the same as inviting an elder to read your posts here -- what do you think would happen? "So-and-so is no longer a JW."

• greendawn
    greendawn

During the seven years that I was inactive before D'Aing I was thinking of myself as a conditional JW if the "brothers" were to act like brothers then I would be a JW otherwise I would not. They didn't act up to standard so I left officially. During the one year that I had been an active dub I was completely ignored and marginalised.

• xjwms
    xjwms

If anyone at the hall would ask.............

My reply is, ... "I am an inactive JW."

• luna2
    luna2

When I identified myself as a JW it was a palpable thing. Like a cloak I always had on. Sometimes it was annoying and didn't seem to fit well but other times it was almost warm and comforting...it always made me feel different, set apart.

That feeling is mostly gone now because I don't consider myself a JW at all any more. Something does remain, though. There are parts of me that have been changed forever by wearing that cloak for so long.

• blondie
    blondie

No. Minimus has a post about what do the JWs teach that you still believe. It made me realize, not much. So, I no longer consider myself a supporter of JW/WTS doctrine.

But do other JWs still think of me as part of the clan...probably...still talk to me...no shunning except by those who shunned me when I was a "good practicing witness."

Last thing I remember
    I was running for the door
    I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
    Relax said the nightman
    We are programed to receive
    You can check out any time you like
    But you can never leave
  • JH
    JH

In the eyes of Witnesses, no one can post here and remain a witness.

But in my view, a witness can be unhappy and dis satisfied with his religion and protest by posting here.

I guess I still consider myself a JW, because I haven't been DF'd yet.

• TopHat
    TopHat

I let everyone who knew I was a JW...KNOW I am now NOT a JW by choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit