Did the Universe create God?

by nicolaou 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

The holographic article was fascinating.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    According to NASA, "Frank Drake's own current estimate puts the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy at 10,000."

I agree. However, you have to take into account the time factor. Will there be simultaneous communicating civilizations. As much as we like to think of aliens and flying saucers we will actually hear them long before we see them if at all. We have not heard them yet or they lived and died out and their electromagnetic radiation has long passed us.

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

I dont think that the universe created God. However.... I have absolutely no clue as to where he came from!

Go figure!

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

IP_SEP

The Wheeler delayed choice experiment shows that quantum information can be erased by an observation in the future

No, that is a former opinion. The modern QT says: particles like photons, or systems consisting of particles, that can interact over large distances (e.g. EPR) - are "entangled". Although two entangled systems appear to interact across large spatial separations, no useful information can be transmitted in this way, so causality cannot be violated through entanglement.

see the explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    The Wheeler delayed choice experiment shows that quantum information can be erased by an observation in the future. ; The delayed choice to observe a photon in the future will effect an event even in the past.

I'm in Biochem no a days, but I do have a B.S. in Physics from Western Michigan University and I did my senior thesis on Quantum Computing and from what I can remember the effect has to do with Decoherence not information loss. The only physicist I know of to talk about infomation loss at a quantum level is Stephen Hawking on his theroy for black holes, but newer theories suggest he may have been wrong. I won't go into to much technical details here, but if you want to talk more maybe someone should start a thread on this topic alone, it is an interesting subject.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I've tried hijacking enough of nics threads now I feel kinda bad.

We could start a new thread or you could pm me if you want. The Wheeler delayed choice experiment shows that quantum information can be erased by an observation in the future. The delayed choice to observe a photon in the future will effect an event even in the past.

IP_SEC

Hijack all you want, this stuff is fascinating. Small word, big picture explanations always appreciated!

Nic'

• ballistic
    ballistic

Anyone got any more articles on the holographic universe, been looking for a while but without buying books, can't see much more.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Yes it's interesting, although I tend to be wary about the philosophical extrapolations and semantic leaps in popularisation articles which build unifying theories from experiments pertaining to very distinct disciplines. Especially, there's a huge step from observing holographic-like phenomena in specific fields to claiming that the universe (or multiverse?) is a hologram.

(Also, the fact that the article posted by maryjane happens to be hosted on a conspiracy website with strong neo-nazi overtones may influence my reaction...)

Here's a partly relevant online discussion fwiw: http://www.iidb.org/vbb/archive/index.php/t-148263.html

• SickofLies
    SickofLies
    Anyone got any more articles on the holographic universe, been looking for a while but without buying books, can't see much more.

Scientific American put a great easy to read article out about the subject around 2003 I believe, check their website you can do a search and read older articles and even order the magazine if you want. www.sciam.com

• ballistic
    ballistic

thanks, still reading this one http://www.acsa2000.net/bcngroup/jponkp/#chap4

I've been sold on this one.

What hasn't been mentioned in any of these articles is the appreciation for music, and why it seems to stimulate our brain, I think it is related to out brain being essentialy a device to analyse frequencies and make sense of the information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit