Is wanting to be God like wanting to climb back into your mother?

by DavidChristopher 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Is the goal the beginning or the end?

Was our rebellion nessesary like a mama bird kicking the babies out so they will learn to fly?

Does God want us to be ambitious and intelligent?

How could we ever be a threat when He knows all?

Does anyone know His real plans for us?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

DavidChristopher,

I can't help enjoying your questions.

Just, I am increasingly convinced that theatre, not philosophy (or theology), is the real setting for them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is man's destiny to expand his horizons his knowledge his awareness rather than be lethargic and fail to exert the effort necessary to become more aware. Unfortunately the masses of mankind prefer to remain largely unaware of things what goes on in the inner world of man as well as outside. Giving birth to new awareness requires effort and pain and in the human psyche there are powerful inertia that resist all such action.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good questions. Some of us have reach a realisation that we are 'god', ie that all are extensions of 'god'. This changes the spect ratio of all of your questions.

S

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Bravo,

"All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players.
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts"

We are all just preformers for a divine comdey, this is so elquently put in Dante's work, as he crossed the river acheron into hell he saw the following sign:

I am the way into the doeful city, I am the way into eternal greif, I am the way to a forsaken race. Justice it was that moved my great creator; divine omnipotence created me, and highest wisom joined with primal love. Before me nothing but eternal things were made, and I shall last eternally. Abandon every hope, all you who enter.

Satan was created by a God of love, wisdom and compasion, he is perfect unlike us and he chose his course in life through free will. This shows the erring nature off all of God's creations, even the book of revelation shows this for after the 'thousand years are ended' a great multitude will rise up that number like sands of the sea and will turn against God. This is after we are all perfect of course. Indeed, the theme of the bible seems to be our utter inability to ever please God.

• daystar
    daystar

Some people call the unfolding of the individual consciousness to the universal consciousness, the Path of Return.

• Carmel
    Carmel

All men have been created to carry forward an ever-advancing civilization.

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 214)

• cosmic
    cosmic

I'm not sure, but my answer will probably get me in trouble, I've been worrying with this question all day. Someone mentioned theatre, and I was reminded of that scene from Gladiator where Maximus is limbering up his swotrd arm just before the afternoon show at the colussium where he's going to whack a couple of heads for the enjoyment of the Roman Mob, and he says to Oliver Reed, "Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, this is not it. This is NOT it."

Distraction is so easy today, its our society, our way of life. We are amusing ourselves to death. We westerners live in a lap of luxury never before experienced in the history of man, all the while polluting the shit out of this planet and frivolously using up our resources, like taking 5000 calories of energy to produce a 1000 calories of food. We've bred like rats because our intellect taught us how to make an abundance of food using artificial but finite means and methods, and, so far, the weather has agreed with us. Did you know that in Darfur, there are groups of women who, each day, strap their babies onto their back and walk for miles trying to find enough food to survive the day. An article in the Washington Post told about how so many people have been reduced to eating termites in order to survive. People whine about God killing 6 billion people at Armegeddon, but he doesn't have to do a thing, we'll do it for him, and be so pleased with ourselves in the process. So we can talk about destiny, and philosophy, and morality and shite like that because we've got full stomachs, and time on our hands. To what ever sense and direction we choose, we have that utmost of luxuries: the ability to have faith in something. Why, somebody will figure something out, things will just go on.

Maybe so, I certainly hope that is true. But did God make it this way? I don't know, I wasn't there; but, if he did, he is one sick son of a bitch. Does he want us to learn and explore and examine and be curious? If he exists, of course he does (why else build a cosmos?). But I think he intended for EVERYBODY to do it. But there isn't much we can do, I mean, the system has been set in motion and it's not like anybody could Fed Ex a loaf of bread to Ethiopia or something. Right? Your question is legitimate, and a good one, but sometimes I think the whole book of Job was not about whether man might keep his integrity if the face of adversity, or any of that crapola, it was Satan saying to God: look, I don't care what anybody does, these f*ckers just ain't gonna get it! It doesn't seem to matter how far into the night sky we can fly, or look, or how high the buildings are that we make, or how intellectual our thoughts, because if there is just one starving person, one single child who dies a needless death anywhere on this orb, we have missed the whole point of intelligent existence.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Do you want your kids to live at home forever? would that make you proud of them? Or do you want to see them grow and pass along your lessons and love to your grandchildren? see them develop as individuals?

Is it ok to WANT to be like God....yet death/nonexistance to BE God?

Is the womb the tomb?

I hope it takes forever to get there. Truly I do.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Cosmic.

I hear many people say... I would do it...but nobody else would.

The one who says I would do it, should show the ones who won't, HOW to do it.

That is what a leader does. IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit