Post a scripture that JW's don't follow

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Love your enemies, like yourself

• carla
    carla

I don't think Simon would appreciate posting the entire New Testament.

• bebu
    bebu

ROFL @ carla!!

But she's right!

bebu

• greendawn
    greendawn

"If you really want to be perfect sell all that you have give it to the poor and follow me" that's a tough one for everyone but the JWs who claim to be far above the rest and got chosen by God as his ppl and that they will receive etrnal life, the ultimate gift, should be willing to do that. But even the multibillion WTS corporation doesn't give anything much away to its own poor.

• codeblue
    codeblue

1 Cor 13:5 ..."It does not keep account of the injury".

JW's don't follow this scripture at all because they keep account of the injury by df'ing and pr'ing people in public. Those offenses are never forgotten, they are written down on your publisher's card for any elder to read and for new elders to read when you relocate.

• JH
    JH

Very good verse greendawn.

I knew so many JW's who didn't help those in need in the congregation.

They just didn't care. Instead of caring for them, they would glorify themselves by saying, "Well, if you would pray a little more, maybe Jehovah would bless you more"

• ballistic
    ballistic

That scripture about giving one's undergarment when someone asks you for a coat, I asked loads of sisters if I could take their coat - and that never happened! oh, and also that scripture about not straining the jgnat. That never happened.

• greendawn
    greendawn

JH that's a really pharisaic utterance they made, "pray more and it will get better" rather than help a little to justify their claim as God's only elite on earth today. Eternal and elitism life comes cheap LOL.

Another one for the GB: "if you want to be great in the kingdom become servants" they like to say that they are the humble servant of the supposedly other sheep, but they are having a good time lording it over all, beginning from Russell to Rutherford and all the way to the present stooges.

• ferret
    ferret

Love your neighbor as yourself.

• Honesty
    Honesty

John 6:35-40 “I am the bread of life,” Jesus told them. “No one who comes to Me will ever be hungry, and no one who believes in Me will ever be thirsty again. But as I told you, you’ve seen Me, and yet you do not believe. Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit