From Gilead School: Two missionarys sent to USA and Canada

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

At the meeting this week, when discussing the marvellous increase that Jehovah is blessing us with, a brother who had

attended the Gilead Graduation said that two missionaries had been assigned to countries where you would least imagine they would be sent.

One is going to serve in North America, the other in Canada.

Another brother, a Bethelite, said that there are too many workers there, so the Society is stressing great emphasis on the field activity and many

are being reassigned.

The WT conductor mentioned several countries where growth is 0% or in the negative, and asked the congregation, "Is the organization slowing down in this time of the end?"

to which an audience wearing rose-colored glasses said "No."

They really are so BLIND - the org had the worst increase in 70 years, just 1.3%, yet they don't think the work is slowing down, what with the Awake! magazine going monthly

, cutbacks on hardcover books, no subscriptions, selling off of buildings in Brooklyn and the impending layoff of thousands of Bethelites.

How sad, for they definitely need the medical presciption that Jesus gave to the Laodiceans, spiritual eye-salve in order that they may see.

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if they are "foreign" to the US and Canada. Maybe they speak languages and are familiar with cultures/customs that would allow them to target "growth market" communities in Canada and the US.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

That's what I was thinking Scully - does the USA really NEED missionaries? Surely there are plenty of dubs skilled in foreign languages, and it has been said that the Spanish congregations are growing faster than the English ones.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the org had the worst increase in 70 years, just 1.3%

1977 and 1978 had negative growth

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If it were me I would send them to where all the growth is - to maximize results - so Mexico , Brazil etc

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    1977 and 1978 had negative growth

no way! that was just a sifting work brother .. all that backslid'n dead wood that got their hopes up over 1975

them 'good for nothing™' dropouts was "always learning yet never able to come to an acurate knowledge of [the] truth™" 2 Tim 3:7

• Trojan
    Trojan

At our hall one sister, lets call her Sister Overzealous-almost-fanatic said in her comment: "Well, people have to understand the importance of the truth, in Bangladesh for example only the 110 Witnesses will survive, if the 144.000.000 people don't accept the truth they will have to die..."

Overall laughter at the hall....

Me:

The WT conductor felt uneasy (I know that it is NOT his personal belief, he is cracking up, i can see it, but he's not admitting it): .

(Besides, a little side point: the only two experiences that they presented Kenia and Portugal, where more than 8 years old....it seems there aren't many recent experiences....., I also noticed how the guy in Kenia has passed with honors at the University of Awake. Do you know why? The article says he had a tobacco plantation and to get rid of it, what does he do? He sprayed his plantation with poison!!!! The article mentions that as a good thing.

No lettuce or carrots from that field, I guess......oh, I know....the article ends saying he is now a regular pioneer....probably the guy doesn't need that field anymore....

Trojan.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no way! that was just a sifting work brother .. all that backslid'n dead wood that got their hopes up over 1975 them 'good for nothing™' dropouts was "always learning yet never able to come to an acurate knowledge of [the] truth™" 2 Tim 3:7

I always thought it was over-zealous brothers that went beyond what was written - because the WTS never said anything about 1975 being the end

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

It is my understanding that Christianity in any form only has growth in poorer and uneducated countries.No growth in the advanced nations.I have heard that if a person goes to church in Europe that its probably in a tour group.JWs have a revolving door issue-some go in' some come out.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm hope they're not being sent to my city........our territory is worked to death as it is...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit