Say hello to the new guy

by osmosis 37 Replies latest jw friends

• osmosis
    osmosis

Hello all,

I found this web site while researching JWs (my immediate family on my dad's side is JW, except for my dad, who was subjected to the programming from birth, and who seems to be caught in some strange world between the JW world and the real one).

For the most part, these are decent, kind, loving people. The only problem is that they are JWs!

I myself am atheist, so in theory I should them to be atheist also, but I'd gladly settle for steering them into a different form of Christianity.. anything but JW. You've all apparently been there, so I needn't explain why. (Hmmm... not wanting to make them identical to myself... how very un-JW of me.)

I think it's awesome that you have this forum, and that you support each other in your mutual quest for spritual and intellectual freedom.

I look forward to chatting with you all. By the way, my real name is Robert, and I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Hello, new guy!!! Welcome and join in!

Swalker

• free2beme
    free2beme

Welcome, always a huge range of topics on here to choose from. Jump in where it fits you best.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hello Robert and welcome to JWD!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• luna2
    luna2

Hi Robert. Welcome, welcome!

• Ellie
    Ellie

hello Robert, welcome to the forum.

• Clam
    Clam

Hi there Robert

Good to have you on board. Or even on the board.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

welcome Robert.

hope you find some useful info. around here.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit