I have posted his ?'s, he would like your opinion on them

by Chimene 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Chimene
    Chimene

Hello everyone,

insearchfortruth is unable to access the web today. His wife is forcing him to meet with a brother to talk to him about the truf

He needs some questions to ask to prove to his wife that this religion is wrong. He is going to bring up the UN scandal, question about the blood law changing and a few other things. He would like for anyone here that has a good question for him to ask, to please post, and I will e-mail them to him.

Thanks for your help gang!

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Ask about the implications of the WTBTS filing an Amicus Curiae with the California Court System in SUPPORT of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries. And then as a result of Swaggart losing his case, the WTBTS switched to a "donation" method for literature. Isn't that a little like "sleeping with the enemy". Full story here...

http://www.bibletopics.com/BIBLESTUDY/84.htm

• Chimene
    Chimene

Good one! thanks!

btttt

• Legolas
    Legolas

Why do they have shares in Rand Cam...a company that makes engines for war crafts?

" " Philip Morris....A company that makes cigarettes?

• blondie
    blondie

1) Is it a conscience matter regarding JWs choosing to accept products made from blood fractions, such as hemoglobin-based products as Hemopure and Polyheme? (YES)

Be prepared with an example where JWs have accepted such products.

2) Is it true that JWs cannot store their own blood? Refer to the scripture where blood had to be poured out and any quotes from the WT publications on that. (YES)

3) Then show them that these products are made from expired stored blood (see Polyheme site).

Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks or I can come back later.

Blondie

• Chimene
    Chimene

Awesome!

You know, they told me I could not store my own blood?

• M.J.
    M.J.

honestly, and especially in such short order, I don't think that hammering them with questions to discredit the JWs are going to do any good at all. Rather, they'll probably do more harm than good--such questions will reveal he is an "opposer" in league with "apostates"...pushing his wife FURTHER away from him and putting the elders on alert.

He does NOT have to display that he knows all this insider info about the JWs and why they are not the "true religion". What he ought to do, however, is be able to defend HIS OWN position with regard to his faith...I hope CYP does not mind, but I will steal a few lines from his profile to show what I mean:

I have faith in Jehovah, and that I have salvation through faith in His Son. The Helper is remaking me in Christ's image, and I have God's word. With all that perfect help, I just don't see why I have to join with a group of imperfect men.

Have him put the burden on the JWs to PROVE they are necessary for a relationship with God, rather than trying to demonstrate that they're NOT.

• Chimene
    Chimene

Good point MJ

• undercover
    undercover

I hate to be a wet blanket, but arguing with an active, believing JW is a waste of time. Any valid point that causes them discomfort will cause them to mentally put their hands over their ears and go, "lalalalalalala". They don't want to hear it, they won't listen to it, they are convinced they are right.

Now, when you see a weakness, like the JW express a doubt or an issue they have with a teaching, that's the time to try to lead them into further doubts with subtle comments and questions. Until that person is ready on their own to do some indpendant research though, you aren't going to crack them with questions and debates.

It sounds like our friend's wife is prepared to try to set him straight. Even to the point of involving the elders. This is a lose-lose situation. The best thing he can do right now is clam up and not express too much of his views or doubts. Kind of uncool, but its the best way to avoid an ugly confrontation and to avoid having him in a JC meeting over his apostate views.

• Honesty
    Honesty

1. Who was the "Faithful Discreet Slave" 5 years before Charles Taze Russell appeared on the scene?

2. Who was the FDS in the 2nd century A.D. (C.E.) until the late 1800's A.D. (C.E.)?

3. The Hebrew word "echad" is translated into English in the New World Translation as "one" at Deuteronomy 6:4: "Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is ONE Jehovah..." It is also translated the same at Genesis 2:24. Why does the WTBTS insist that "echad" must refer to an absolute unity only at Deuteronomy 6:4, yet allow that the same word, when used in Genesis 2:24 to describe the marriage relationship, must refer to a composite unity: "that is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and THEY must become ONE flesh?"

4. Why does the WTBTS insist that people have to "come to Jehovah's organization for salvation" when Jesus says in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me?"

It is every Christian's privilege to know God through a personal relationship with Jesus. No human organization has any authority to obstruct that relationship. Jesus invites seekers to come to Him at Matthew 11:28, assuring them that He will take them in and will "by no means drive them away" at John 6:37.

5.The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is the mediator of our salvation: 1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 8:6; Hebrews 9:11-15, 22-24.

However, the WTBTS teaches that Jesus is not the mediator of the "great crowd." They teach that Jesus' mediatorship will cease "when the last of the 144,000 enter into the heavenly kingdom - thus robbing the "great crowd" of Christ as their mediator [WT 11/15/79 pages 26-27]:

*** w79 11/15 26 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men" ***

That new covenant between "our Savior, God," and spiritual Israel continues as long as there are spiritual Israelites still in the flesh as "men" here on earth.

*** w79 11/15 27 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men" ***

When the last of these approved spiritual Israelites cease to be "men" because of earthly death and a resurrection to a share in the heavenly kingdom, then the mediatorship of Jesus Christ will cease also.

Who, then, brings salvation to the majority of JW's?

According to the WTBTS it is the Faithful Discreet Slave:

*** w81 8/1 26 Harvesting in the "Time of the End" ***

The fact that the "harvest" of the "sons of the kingdom" is well advanced proves that the "conclusion [synte'leia] of the system of things" is nearing its end (telos). Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed "brothers" of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into "everlasting cutting-off" or receive "everlasting life."

*** w83 1/1 13 The Kingdom Issue to the Fore! ***

This pastoral King tells us how a person may be considered fit to be separated to the side of divine favor in contrast to the goatlike people. It is by doing good to those yet remaining on earth of the spiritual "brothers" of the reigning King, who are in line for a seat with him on his heavenly throne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit