What would be the greatest "Division" amongst Jehovah Witnesses.

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

I would say the issues they consider to be "conscience issues". Such as should you go to a relatives wedding if held in a church, funerals, if you are at a PG or under rated movie (like alot of Disney films) and they show something such as spirtuality do you walk out?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What would be the greatest "Division" amongst Jehovah Witnesses.

The question of whether or not JWs should be unquestionably loyal to the WTS.

Without this the WTS looses control.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

There are deep, deep divisions at this time which have yet to surface. I know many individuals who are viewed as "model JWs" who have very radical opinions and are not YET in a position to disclose them. I suspect there will be a future catalyst that will rip apart the JW organization, perhaps blood, perhaps the child abuse issue. Personally, I think it will be the child abuse issue. I suspect the US will soon disallow churches to hide behind the Establishment Clause. Most JWs will be devastated by the revelations.

I was shocked to find out that my PO ordered the Tort article from Baylor University. We had the CO visiting the week the newspaper article was released. As part of his talk he held up a copy of the article and said 'that we know this is just a lie.' Afterwards, my PO asked him what part of the article is incorrect. The CO said he never said that it was a lie or incorrect. :) My PO just smiled and walked away...for now.

There will come a time when we no longer will be content to smile and walk away.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    [CO] said 'that we know this is just a lie.' Afterwards, my PO asked him what part of the article is incorrect. The CO said he never said that it was a lie or incorrect.

Damn.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I dont know about teh greatest division in JW but the greatest controversy on JWD must be why you didnt consult us about you gender change and relocation to Africa. I hope both are working out well - give you didnt ask for my input!

• greendawn
    greendawn

If they do decide to start talking freely en mass the GB will not be able to d'f everyone and they will lose control over the R&F, then what they will talk about most and have divisions over will be the blood issue is it right to lose a life rather than use blood that was voluntarily given? And should the R&F be part of the New Covenent so as to enjoy its benefits rather than be just outsiders?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit