What would you change in your life if you knew when Armageddon would be?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night last night and was filled with worry about Armageddon!
    Why does this happen???
    You are doing fine and then out of the blue....wham! Anxiety attack about the END!
    I think it had to do with watching the news about Iran bickering with the U.S.

Is it only JWs and exJWs that have this anxiety?

• talley
    talley

I'm with you JH, I wouldn't change a thing about 'my life'.

If there is a god in charge of the Big A, it is his/hers/it's problem, not mine.

JH, hope to see you again at this year's WI Beer&Cheese Apostafest!!!

Best wishes and (((hugs))) to you,

Judy

• daystar
    daystar

Well... allowing your assumption that this is a God-initiated Armageddon, as per the Bible, I'd have to say that your question is not answerable as such since if I believe that the Bible predicts an Armageddon, I must also believe that "know one knows the hour" except for God. So, if I knew when Armageddon would be, I would have to be God.

So, in effect, you're asking us what we would do were we God?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Why not turn this upside down for a moment?

What do you think a bonafide JW would do if NASA announced that a rogue asteroid was headed for earth within the next 7 months?

I will bet you that the WTS would first deny evidence from telescope or radar because it was NOT THEIR IDEA. I further submit that finally they would take it as a sign of Armageddon coming just before the rock hits.

Certainly you would not see them volunteering for Civil Defense, or contribute to any effort to shunt the thing off into space, etc.

But you can bet that a lot of them would still be scared of it, faith in Jehovah or no.

James

• blondie
    blondie

Are we assuming that the multi-faceted, multi-clarified WTS definition of Armageddon is true?

Blondie

• wombat
    wombat

Blondie...Of course we are. Otherwise this thread would be no fun.

Just pretend Blondie...Tell us what you would do.

• talley
    talley

I hate when simple/obviouse questions/comments are analyzed to death/distraction.

(and the xx/xx xx/xx in this post is just to irritate y'all )

Judy

• blondie
    blondie

I guess it seems like analyzing, but even JWs have many varied ideas of what Armageddon is.

It doesn't matter because if God is watching, most JWs have been pleasing the wrong people, and are toast.

I don't want to know what day I will die either BTW.

Blondie

• wombat
    wombat

Yeah Blondie....All of your comments have been spot on. But...what would you do if you knew that you had only a limited time of life left?

If that is too personal, forget it....or you can take it as a joke.........Wombat.

• daystar
    daystar

wombat

But...what would you do if you knew that you had only a limited time of life left?

Of course I can't answer for blondie. However, don't we all know we only have a limited time of life left?

My point is this: we all meet our own personal "Armageddon". We all eventually die. We all have a limited amount of time on this earth.

So, when I read the initial question, I translated in internally to "Knowing you have a limited time in this life, what are you doing with it?", which strips all the dogma from the question, and I think is a much better one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit