Dateline....Not this week.......

by WildHorses 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I'm sure that most "mature Christian" JWs will view this program as Satan trying to make the Society look bad. However, if non-JWs can see the harm this cult has done and be made aware of the insidiousness of this group, it might help many who might have been considering a Bible Study or who help "support the worldwide ministry work" with donations to reconsider their support.

I'm sure that many who have been through the same experiences will see this program and realize, perhaps for the first time, that they are NOT alone. Perhaps they will then have the courage to speak out against their molesters and those who cover up the crimes. Perhaps they will be able to gain some closure and peace in their lives. Perhaps they will realize that THEY are not the guilty ones.

Every journey begins with just one step. Even a small crack can lead to the eventual crumbling of a wall.

• sf
    sf

"Is he one of those who choose to cover up child abuse?"

Or...

Is he/she/child one who has no clue about "the smoking gun" and has NEVER hurt anyone (there are a few) walks up to the porch of someone who doesn't care if they are or aren't guilty of the accusations they heard the night before?

Will it be a householder riddled with rage over what he/she saw on DATELINE the night before those UNSUSPECTING "JWS" enter field service territories? Do you think the "Machine" gives a rats ass about those few "JWS"? Think again. Many of them will be subject to irate householders and are even at risk of violent reactions from people. It is clear that THIS is of NO concern to any of Them. There will be unpredictable "fallout" from all of This. Who is really thinking about those few jws who "have no clue" and are walking into a volitale situation?

TED, DAN...you readin' this good? What will you DO to quell this "avalanche" YOU brought upon these people; one being my mother?
    Are you prepared for the tidal wave of emotion and pain that's about to be unleashed upon you and your precious "Machine"? Those tunnels will come in handy now. Better STOCK up brothers!

• elder25
    elder25

For those who are faithful Witnesses in good standing with Jehovah, the airing of this report will be a rather small test of faith.

1 John 5:19 says "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." Cannot we also expect the world's media to be slanted against Jehovah's people?

The faith of the true Christian is "not in men's wisdom, but in God's power." (1 Corinthians 2:5) Jehovah's happy people believe in these words.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: For those who are faithful Witnesses in good standing with Jehovah, the airing of this report will be a rather small test of faith.

For those who are faithful Witnesses in good standing with the WTS, the personal visiting of Jehovah God Himself and a host of Angels to their bedside and saying their religion is a huge pile of shit will also be a "rather small test of faith." That's why we have the term "braindead dub," Elder25.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I agree with you elder25, the airing of this report will probably be a small test of faith for those in "good standing" with the WT org.

It is after the report is aired and those in "good standing" are confronted with the facts about what has been aired is when the real test of faith begans.

As far as the worlds media being slanted against Jehovah's people, that will be the attitude of those blind enough to oversee the facts and accept the continued lies of the WT. What the media puts out, and is substantiated with facts, does not mean the facts will not stand. Only in the minds of those that wish to carry on the lie will the facts be ignored.

You quoted 1 Cor 2:5 Read it again and tell yourself that JWs do not look to the wisdom of the WT and the GB for guidance. God is not in the picture unless needing to be used for convenience sake to control people.

• JanH
    JanH

Scorpion,

It is after the report is aired and those in "good standing" are confronted with the facts about what has been aired is when the real test of faith begans.

True, and especially when confronted with these facts (and no doubt a lot besides the facts) by every two people they meet in "field service".

I remember back just before I left the JWs, when Kent and Norm (and some other exJWs) here in Norway organized media criticism of JWs, concentrating on child abuse (corporal punishment, not sexual abuse). I remember very well that this made field service notably worse, and led to a clear decline in the sale of publications. From that year onwards, there has been a decline in the number of JWs in Norway. Similar crititicm of JWs in other European countries has paralleled this.

One flipside to this media exposure: individual JWs and their children (especially school children) will really suffer. I shudder thinking how already ostracized young JWs will be treated by their school mates after this program has been on the air.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I have a recent personal experience from "Field Service" that may shed a little light on this subject.

First, I do believe that many of my "bros and sises" will see this. They are all Dateline watchers, and just knowing their personalities, if they are able, they will watch.

Will they talk about it amongst themselves? Yes. In FS or among their cliques at party time. But only quietly and not so as to alert the "elders".

What will be affected is FS? My recent FS experience will tell.

I was in an area where there are alot of kids. It's a lower income area and kids are running around all over. So, I was with brother elderly (not elder but old as the hills) and we had to do a few "calls".

We waled on up, and as we approached a few dwellings, there were some kids playing outside. I heard a man's voice calling the kids inside, all of them, and saying "Mom wants you all inside right now! The closer we got, the more frantic his calls.

Then, in the background and upstairs, I heard the Mom call out ...it's okay, they're not coming here."

We passed by as we indeed were not going there, and the man stopped calling the kids. The children resumed their playful activity.

Could somebody tell me what happened here? I KNOW... do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit