Informal (anti) witnessing

by Mysterious 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

In my social psychology class today we were talking about cults. The professor mentioned her neighbor was an ex-JW and the woman swears it's a cult but that she wasn't so sure if it was or not. Throughout her lecture I took down all the points on cults and described under it in detail why JWs meet each one. After class I talked to her briefly about my experiences and gave her the sheet I had made along with some of the website addresses (silent lambs, JWD, freeminds). I'm going by her office to talk to her more abou it later this week.

It just made me laugh to think that as a shy timid JW I would have been hard pressed to speak up and defend the organization, and have felt badly about it as a result; however, as an ex-JW I jumped in with both feet on the subject.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good for you....Saturday I was at the book store buying Tarot Cards and looking at the books, there was a guy helping me, anyhoo he said...How about a book on angels they are popular lately?

I said no!....He looked puzzled and asked why.

I said I don't believe in the bible anymore...so he asked what had happened that made me not believe anymore.

Long story short... I gave him and two other workers an ear full on the 'Witlesses' and told them they shouldn't even talk to them...funny thing is ....they said they already knew that!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

For myself; for the last 5 years, when I meet a new person I almost immediatly inform them that I was raised as a JW.... I've met at least 10 other ex-JW's, that I other wise wouldn't have known for the fact that they probablly would not have brought it up.... &, for everybody else it just clues them into why I say stupid things or why i did not see Star Wars when I was a kid.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I guess I'm a delinquent I loved star wars as a kid.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

It just made me laugh to think that as a shy timid JW I would have been hard pressed to speak up and defend the organization, and have felt badly about it as a result; however, as an ex-JW I jumped in with both feet on the subject.

It is funny how much fun it is to speak about the WTS now. Who is better informed? We know what they are!

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://jwinfo.8m.com/cult_comparison.htm Brochure: Are JWs Rational? A discussion of the bizarre JW teachings about Armageddon, including the consumption of the carcasses of unbelievers by wild animals. Compares these to other destructive groups in history. Contains a long list of WT literature citations. 4-page foldable color brochure suitable for printing on 2 sides of 8.5" x 11" paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit