This could change the whole world

by metatron 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    And Then we can take the capacitor and create The Flux Capacitor, install it in an electric car and with a little bit of plutonium we can travel through time and kill CT Russell and Rutherford while still young.

HELL-OOOO.......McFly!! Anybody Home??!! Think McFly, Think: would you really do that? I mean, if not for this religion, my parents would never had met, and not had children and I wouldn't be here..............Hmmm.....interesting concept. Would anyone here change history if it meant you would never be born??

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree this has the potential to be revolutionary. The UK gets around storage to a very small degree in a very innefficient way. In the Welsh Mountians during the night it uses "cheap electricity" that would otherwise be wasted to pump water uphill into a storage resevoir. At peak demand that water is released to drive turbines to generate electricty as gravitational potential energy is released and turned into electrical energy. PE = mgh

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    One really good battery could do all that and much more. Stay tuned......

Sounds like one of those things that might be painful at first, but in the long run, much better for the world.

The gas, oil and utility, as well as the car companies have put the thumb screws to all of us anyway. They make life hard for those who barely make ends meet. Up here in the frozen north, our utility bills have nearly doubled this winter over last year. We're hit with gas prices, gasline prices, car prices and auto insurance that are more than through the roof.

Did anyone see the news item about the class of underprivileged teens who built a car that gets over 50 miles per gallon and runs on soybean oil fuel? The teacher said that none of them, him included, were geniuses and that if they could build a car like that, why couldn't the auto industry? The students agreed that it is the greed of the oil and petroleum and auto industries that prevent us from afforbable and wise solutions to the fake energy crisis.

Today it was announced on TV that the US soldier death toll in Iraq is up to 2300. Add the civilians, other countries' soldiers, etc. All dead due to the greed of the oil and petroleum industry. It might just be worth temporary pain to get these evil, greedy bastards off their literally bloody throne.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's an article about the soybean powered car, which was quite an attractive car by the way:

• dvw
    dvw

good article, flying high.

not to take anything away from the kids, but i run soybean oil in my semi trucks and farm tractors now. they do however, not get 50 mpg or go 0-60 ever. bio deisel and ethanol are environmentally super friendly. p;us, there is the added benefit that to date; no farmer has ever driven a combine into the world trade centre or cut off anyones head (so far).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    good article, flying high.

not to take anything away from the kids, but i run soybean oil in my semi trucks and farm tractors now. they do however, not get 50 mpg or go 0-60 ever. bio deisel and ethanol are environmentally super friendly. p;us, there is the added benefit that to date; no farmer has ever driven a combine into the world trade centre or cut off anyones head (so far).

Of course we've all been flim-flammed, bamboozled by the oil industry, of which we all know our current US presidential admin. is deeply steeped in.

• dvw
    dvw

fhn,

yeah weve been screwed. i dont understand why big oil has been relatively silent about all the alternative fuels. what are they waiting for? they surely wont take this lying down. alt. fuel is taking a big bite out of their profits. one would think they would try and quash it. or at the least, give alt. fuels some bad press.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Oil sources are finite and one day they will finish so it will be a good idea to have something to replace it with, the French have already done well on this issue by getting most of their energy from nuclear reactors.

Perhaps there are other good ideas for an oil free production of energy but they are suppressed so as to keep oil selling and doing so at a good price.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    yeah weve been screwed. i dont understand why big oil has been relatively silent about all the alternative fuels. what are they waiting for? they surely wont take this lying down. alt. fuel is taking a big bite out of their profits. one would think they would try and quash it. or at the least, give alt. fuels some bad press.

It would seem they haven't needed to say much. Perhaps they work in ways we can't see to keep things as they are so that they make huge profits. They don't want their gravy train drying up. Let's hope that the right people lose their apathy and get the ball rolling, showing the world that there are many cheap alternatives to expensive oil.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

One of the things that always slows up the newer inventions.

The initial costs of new technology and the cost of replacing such things as batteries as they get old and no longer function.

The hybred cars of today are very costly due to the batteries. I have read where replacement batteries after 5 or 6 yrs of use can cost thousands to replace.

After several years, usually new technology lowers the prices but until they do, we get gouged good by the suppliers.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit