607 BCE Challenge? Win big $?

by morwen 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

I know a few JWs who would take this on. The problem is that they would probably be unwilling to debate with ex-witnesses. I've emailed to establish:

(1) Who are the independent auditors who establish that the date has been "proved"? On what basis would proof be established - "degree of probabilities" , "beyond all reasonable doubt"? What authority and scholistic qualifications do the independent auditers have?

(2) Provide a certified copy of the "insurance prize money bond" detailing name of insurance company and terms of policy and payment of premium. Post on the website. I'm very skeptical of the existence of (2) - I know most risks are insurable , but how would you insure against a theoretical risk like this? Sounds like a bit of a wind-up - please donate via Paypal if you are convinced!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    (1) Who are the independent auditors who establish that the date has been "proved"? On what basis would proof be established - "degree of probabilities" , "beyond all reasonable doubt"? What authority and scholistic qualifications do the independent auditers have?

Oh, there`s quite a few, you know. Hundreds, actually.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/107943/1.ashx

I know a few JWs who would take this on. The problem is that they would probably be unwilling to debate with ex-witnesses

They wouldn`t have to debate anyone. If you know a few witnesses who would take this on, have them write an essay, and post it here on JWD. If they`re unwilling to talk to ex-JWs, you could be the middle man, as you obviously see no problem in talking to us "apostates". That would be a way to get some feedback for his/her essay, we could point out faults, etc (...). Scholar has been trying this for a long time, but he is unable to prove anything other than that he doesn`t understand this issue at all...and still, he is the "best JW" I`ve seen on this issue. Most JWs doesn`t even understand why this issue is important. So, if you have any "scholarly" friends, please have them present their points right here on JWD, and the participants here could give you feedback on whether or not it would be worthwhile sending it to that website.

But I really don`t believe you. I don`t think you even know any JWs who understand why this issue, this year, is even important. From my experience, very,very few do.

(2) Provide a certified copy of the "insurance prize money bond" detailing name of insurance company and terms of policy and payment of premium. Post on the website.
    Good thing he didn`t do that in the first place, ha. Otherwise, you would have no excuse to cop out of the challenge. Anyway, not a fat chanse he will ever have to pay out those money. It`s impossible to prove a lie.
  • dozy
    dozy

Er - still no reply to my email to the site. Is the consensus among ex-JWs that the man is lying about an insurance bond?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Is the consensus among ex-JWs that the man is lying about an insurance bond?

No. Why should he? But more importantly: How should any of us know?

Don`t use this no-reply-to-your-e-mail as an excuse. If you think you can prove 607, do it! Write an essay, and post it here on JWD, or on the mans website. If we can`t prove you wrong, you win. If the guy with the website can`t prove you wrong, you win (whether or not he gives you any money or not, but that isn`t so important is it? Don`t gather treasures here on earth, no? You can`t bring them into the "new system" anyway, can you). So if you, or any of your friends think you can prove 607, do it.

• dozy
    dozy

It is as impossible to "prove" 607 than it is to "prove" 586 or 587 & I guess the guy knows that. The arguments in favour or against these years have long been covered here & we essentially make our judgement clouded by our prejudices and beliefs. The only real proof would be to go back in a time machine to 607 or 586/7 and see what happens.

Oh - & still no reply (2nd email)...........

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    All attestations must be in complete harmony with the Bible and current archaeological evidence

Is this not a BIG get out clause, as well as an oxymoron. It all comes down to interpretation ..BTW if they have appeal for donations , it does not inspire confidence that they are bona fide?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm thinking maybe we should all post and share our favourite horrible WT quotes

Dan

Many wacky quotes in the downloadable brochures at www.jwinfo.8m.com/activism.htm

If you have some more you'd like to see in the brochures, email me via the web site.

• dozy
    dozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit