Is stepping down from being an elder a big deal?

by Clam 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

awesome post anewme

thanks for sharing and thanks for mentioning your fury - the black tower f'd up your life and we only go around once in this particular birthday suit.

warm regards, unc.

• Clam
    Clam
    Your brother in law is a layed back, doesn't like to fight, mello kinda guy and knows it. He doesn't have the personality to fight your sister to show HE'S the head of the family and live the life HE feels he should lead as an elder so it's easier for him to step down and spare him the agony of standing his ground.

Very succinctly put. That's the case I'm sure.

Anewme my heart goes out to you. I'm very sorry for the pain you've had to bare and the anger you obviously still have.

Thanks so far everyone, and a good point made that it was a good way for him to undermine and get at his wife, ie taking away her status as an elder's wife. I hadn't thought of it like that.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Is stepping down from anointed a big deal? I think it's absolutely essential.

what the? lol

• gumby
    gumby
    I HATED BEING AN ELDER'S WIFE!!!!!!

Anewme,....I didn't see your post when I posted for some reason......but that was a sad story. I'm so sorry for you sweetie of your past endurances

Your situation is a common one. After I read your post I thought of the many marriages of elders that have deteriorated due to the similar circumstances you had in your life. I thought of LOTS!

Of those who's marriages are still together, many of them are empty marriages with both parties simply carrying out their "duties" to the organisation and hoping armageddon is near to get some relief.

Granted, there are also many marriages that are stable in elder households.....but not all elders have a heavy load. Those with the load always seem to fare the worst.

Gumby

• Golf
    Golf

Not to be insulting but what's the big deal? Was he that influential?

Golf

• gumby
    gumby

Not sure what you mean golf. Can you explain it a bit?

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

that's it golf! ...take this ..oooomp you cantankerous old barstool ... bifff! and this ..thump... and th ...owouch! .. ...handy with a 12 iron eh .. thwack unc swings kayak paddle ..

• gumby
    gumby

me thinks unc watched too many episodes of Batman and Robin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did - and was sad for a while - but the longer I am not an elder - the more I am glad I did it. I think some at the time thought it was a big deal

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

me thinks golf needs a drink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit