kickboxing anyone?

by snarf 12 Replies latest social physical

• snarf
    snarf

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had experience with kickboxing? I am a painter so my job is very physical, but I would like to tone my body. I was trying to research kickboxing and all I got was advertisements instaed of health benefits. I am not into the hum drum routine of aerobics, spinning, weight lifting, etc. Just wondering if you or anyone you knew tried it and what you or they thought about it. I know this is a religous forum, but I figured with all the different people on this site I might actually get REAL feedback. Thank you for your time.

• unique1
    unique1

I love kickboxing. Aside from Yoga it is my favorite workout. I DVR Fit Tv and work out when I get home. It is usually on programs such as: All Star Workouts, In Shape with Sharon Mann and Carribean Workout. If you are a guy I would suggest All Star Workouts first. It is more male oriented. If you tape it from FitTV you can find out if you like it or not without spending any money. If you want to buy a tape, TaeBo is excellent.

• G Money
    G Money

I used to do it weekly and it is an excellent workout. I didn't do the girlie on at the gym but at a kickboxing gym. The first hour was all exercise and the next 30 minutes sparring. I'm in good shape and the workouts would kick my butt. Good info and fun too. Not for those out of shape!!! Heck, even those in shape will find it a challenge!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Ohhhh this is one of my favorite forms of exercise!!
    I take classes 3 days a week at the local YMCA. It's very up beat and we change routines frequently so it doesn't get boring. I would defiantly recommend it.

It does take a bit to get used to all the moves, but it is a great work out and uses your whole body. I especially love it for a stress reliever.... having a bad day? Go to the gym and kick or punch your frustrations out!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I don't do it..LOL...but I love the UFC...Here is my favorite guy George St.Pierre

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I did the Kung Fu thing and earned a few belts but got sick of it. Then took up boxing. I could not believe the conditioning that is needed for this. Two to Three minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between. Doesn't sound bad until you have to protect yourself and attempt to score points on your opponent.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is fun! I have been involved with martial arts for 17 years now, and love it. The conditioning is great, and is a healthy yet enjoyable exercise.

• snarf
    snarf

Thanks for all your replies. I am a girl about to kick butt...hahahaha. I know it will be difficult, but I went to enroll for the classes today. I am only doing it for the physical aspects, but I am also thinking this will help get rid of some pent up frustration from the past couple years.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Thanks for all your replies. I am a girl about to kick butt...hahahaha. I know it will be difficult, but I went to enroll for the classes today. I am only doing it for the physical aspects, but I am also thinking this will help get rid of some pent up frustration from the past couple years.

LOL...I was thinking of doing the same thing!...BTW..I am a girl also!

• dvw
    dvw

gsp. is one of the greats. how do you think royce will do against matt hughs? i love the bjj.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit