Dana Reeve dies at age 44

by GoingGoingGone 17 Replies latest social current

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Dana Reeve, the widow of actor Christopher Reeve, died today of lung cancer at age 44. She was such a selfless, positive person.

My heart goes out to her family.

Christopher Reeve's Widow Dies at Age 44
    By Associated Press

31 minutes ago UPDATED 13 MINUTES AGO

Christopher Reeve and his wife Dana Reeve arrive at ...

SHORT HILLS, N.J. - Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

• luna2
    luna2

Isn't that just the saddest thing?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

So sad

Dismembered

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

It is almost too sad to post a reply to this thread.

My deapest sympathy goes out to the children.

• carla
    carla

How sad, those poor kids.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so sad. Such unselfish love and devotion she gave to her husband.

I hope that somehow, somewhere, Dana and Christopher are together again...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Dana and Christopher Reeve... here is a classic example of why I don't believe in karma.

They were two of the most kind, caring and generous people on earth.

• gumby
    gumby
    Dana and Christopher Reeve... here is a classic example of why I don't believe in karma.

Yeah, but what if she really IS in a better place? Maybe she's with Christopher.

Does anyone know if she smoked? I doubt it, but had to ask.

Gumby

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

No, she didn't smoke -- another thing that makes it so sad. Truly an innocent victim.

Nina

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I heard about it this morning. I immdedietly thought of the kids. Imagine losing both your parents so soon...just awful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit