Oscars - did your favorite win?

by pratt1 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The best part of the whole night was the Pimp Song. First of all, I don't listen to rap that much but I do like some of it. That song rocks! And it was soooo funny when they won.

Sherry

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Loved when Crash won for best picture, well deserved. The pimp song stole the show, we laughed and cheered when they won. I thought the show was dull compaired to previous years. Where's Billy Crystal when you need him? Hated Naomi Watts and Michelle Williams' dresses, loved Jessica Alba, Uma Thurman and Salma Hayeks style. Best speech was Reese and Phillip Seymor thanking his single parent mom, that was really sweet.

• Calliope
    Calliope

phillip seymour hoffman won.
    he's one of my fake husbands.

sigh...

calliope

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Who won best picture?

• Purza
    Purza
    Who won best picture?

Crash won for best picture. I really liked that movie AND I liked Brokeback. I would have been happy with either one of those winning.

I think Jon was nervous in his opening monologue. I think he warmed up a bit as the show went on. I love him on The Daily Sow, but I think the Oscars were a bit too much for him. I would like to see him host again, but I won't be disappointed if he doesn't get it next year.

Purza

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

3-6 mafia winning best song for "Hard out here for a pimp" from the movie Hustle and Flow?

And they say the Oscrs are "out of touch"

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I thought Crash was a movie that touched on the pulse of America. It seemed to really take your emotions on a ride and I was blown away where they lead me! That said, my sons watched it and didn't really relate to it...I wonder if it has something to do with experiencing life and being older to see a wider range of issues?

Swalker

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I was sad when Cary Grant didn't win best actor.

• dinah
    dinah

Crash is one of the best movies Ive seen in a LONG time. It was powerful. Didn't see Brokeback Mountain, just wasn't really interested in it. Heath Ledger is one of my favorites.

Joaquin Phoenix was my choice for best actor. He was great as Johnny Cash.

• watson
    watson

3-6 winning for song, a real low point in Oscar history. Song from Crash was the one. See the movie and you will see why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit