Watchtower "study" - a puzzle for drones

by Gregor 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

Don't think for yourself whatever you do. Everybody put your hand up, DONT speak unless the TEACHER asks you to.

If you don't know what the correct answer is you better just read the paragraph that the study master just read. It's like fingernails on the blackboard

Dan

• general
    general

LMAO...

I always hated studying the Watchtower when I was growing up...and towards the end it was nothing more than a joke on wheels for me. It sort of reminds of a master who has a parrot on his shoulder. Everytime the master says something the parrot immediatly repeats back...talk about rutheless indoctrination.

I must say the Watchtower study was always predictable...far as comments were concerned....no wonder why I wanted to hurl everytime I thought of the word Watchtower.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I just used to underline random areas so I looked spiritual if some one saw my copy.

LMAO! Yes I did some speed studying too! (couldn't be seen with an unmarked watchtower!

• watson
    watson

I know I'm late on this thread, but I want to thank all for the great laughs provided. I love the sarcasm..By the way, "gleaned" is one of my favorite words.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

IP_SEC and unclebruce... I am with you... I was the speed highlighter... and I still am... just to get it done and out of the way.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey collegegirl, fes up, what was your record for "doing a watchtower"™

I remmember the sunday rush ..mmm .. showered,shaved, dressed .. kingdom hall's 10 minutes away, meeting starts in twenty .. grabs watchtoer and highlighter..slurps at coffee .. takes deep breath .. silent prayer .. dear Jehovah don't abandon me now ... ..gods promise of life everlasting ..stay faithful to twelve chairs and a table in Brooklyn NY.....satan a very naughty angel ... christendumbs whoring ways.. ... Babylon the great has fallen while out cycling ... jesus ransom bbq ...gods choosy people .. sisters should be chased ... preach the god news .. armageddon iminent again... ...phew! 7minutes! whoo HOO..quick slurp of coffee ....grabs bookbag..flies out door..the happiest person on earth

• TheListener
    TheListener

I liked the multiple highlighters too. It really showed how much you studied. hehehehe.

Lots of notes in the margins (even if it was the grocery list) looked real good too.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Highlighting can even get you a mate. A rather plain sister (unmarried) in her 30's in our congregation landed herself a husband that way. When asked what made him decide to marry Sister K, he admitted that he picked up her copy of the book that was being studyied at the time at the congregation book study and noticed how well marked it was. This was evidence that she was a spiritual person.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

It really got out of control if someone had highlighted large portions of the New World Translation, or one of the aid books, now that was the equivelant of a P.H.D. candidate at the Tower study.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Bonnie_Clyde - Highlighting can even get you a mate. A rather plain sister (unmarried) in her 30's in our congregation landed herself a husband that way. When asked what made him decide to marry Sister K, he admitted that he picked up her copy of the book that was being studyied at the time at the congregation book study and noticed how well marked it was. This was evidence that she was a spiritual person.

Isn't romance wonderful .. a delightful story to tell their grandchildren

It really got out of control if someone had highlighted large portions of the New World Translation, or one of the aid books, now that was the equivelant of a P.H.D. candidate at the Tower study.

I was stupid enough to underline Jesus words in red pen in my NWT. First time I used that bible on field service the householder expressed disgust that I was saying some scriptures were more imnportant than others . Now I definitely rate all scriptures equally I was also stupid enough to try highlighting text in a green bible - that damn paper was so thin it highlighted equally well on the oposite page as well (prized in Papua NG for tobacco paper though). unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit