How long did it take for the fog to lift?

by Honesty 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was inactive for almost 2 years, not attending meetings or reading any Watchtower publications before I felt the fog start to lift from my mind and I could truly think. How long did it take for you?

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I've been df'd 2 years and i'm still waiting.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Hmm, I guess about 3 years. Two years of college, and then one year of being married and had moved to a new city, and finally, I was like, hey my thinking has been really screwed up!

And, I too am still waiting to recover from my JW childhood!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I was just thinking about this today actually. I realised that its about 3 years now since I've been to a meeting. I can't believe it! And its only now that the fog is lifting. That my mind is open to learning all there is to learn. I'm excited!

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It lifed for me the moment I read about Charles russel,1914 and the pyramids. I was one of those who made the "truth" his own, so it was easy to see the lies then. I was a JW then and I'm still considered a JW :-)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sun came out about 10:30 I'd guess!

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

I faded 3 years ago, I've come a long way. Now I'm finally in a good place - spiritually & emotionally. It takes time. In some ways, i'm still healing but i've made peace with the past 'cause like it or not, the JWs helped shape who I am today. Now I'm the governing body's worst nightmare - a woman with a brain! I have the blessed freedom to think for myself and that makes life exhilarating, an adventure around every corner, clear skies ahead. - V Sky

• Frog
    Frog

For me it came and went in stages...There was a dramatic and immediate lift where I felt my eyes were opened for he first time, but a year after that my bound and gagged conscience caught up with me and the fog rose again...a year after that the haze lifted again, this time not so dramtically, and it's been haze free vision ever since :) x

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i wonder if it was really ever over me??? like even when i got baptised, at 13, i wondered why am i doing this?? then i was like oh yeah, cuz my dad will beat the shit out of me if i dont....

the infamous one

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Nearly 9 years and then I stumbled on JWD last October. It lifted somewhat when I told my psych. outpatients group that I'd spent all these years in a cult and I didn't minimise it or make excuses or feel ashamed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit