What is the difference between an "answer" and an "opinion"?

by DavidChristopher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

that IMO is pretty stupid.

If you have 6 people staring at the same box at different angles, there is different writings on each part, all see something different...yet all are "right"...and then perhaps we could learn about the entire box...rather than force 5 other people to see what you do..or be shunned. Can you imagine the tramua, and the brainwashing involved in MAKING 5 other people see something they really don't! Everyone suffers IMO

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

'Sets' are a primary school logic tool, graphically depicted by various arrangements of circles.

eg. Using circles, one can draw the graphic representation of these sets -

If one is a member of group A then one is a member of group C, and may but may not be a member of group B. If one is a member of goup B one may be a member of group A and group C, but not necessarily.

One can use three circles to depict this arrangement - 'sets' teach rational speech and logic - naturally cognitive dissonance would end up scoring you a wrong answer - it's primary school stuff.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With reference to your question, these terms intersect - one is not necessarily the other, but may be.

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    I seen this topic on another site today, and it got my attention. My answer was "a answer is an accepted opinion."

What is your take on it?

An opinion is a belief. An answer is a fact.

• greendawn
    greendawn

An answer is a very general word, you are giving a reply to a question that may or may not be according to your personal approval or preference but an opinion is something that one validates with a personal belief in its reality or correctness.

I notice at times I stated something as a mere fact that exists and ppl thought that I personally endorsed it. Good in French they have the subjunctive mood of the verbs which denotes an approval by the speaker of an expressed fact, as opposed to the indicative mood.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Answer: When you read directly from what you underlined in the paragraph.

Opinion: When you deviate from what is directly stated in the paragraph.

Rub a Dub

• daystar
    daystar

tetra!

'nuff sed!

PEACE!

• garybuss
    garybuss

All "fact" is, is opinion.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

It seems the more "facts" I question..the more opinions I discover.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit