Apostasy defined in the Elders Manuel

by gumby 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    The thing that gets me is that the rule book, the Secret Elders Manual, "Sheepherding the Flock", is off limits to anyone, except Elders ! You can get accused, have a trial (with or without you), never see or know or get to question your accusers and you do not have access to the "WT law" book so you will know your 'rights

Spot on Rabbit. And what ever happened to the right to "face your accusers" as per Mathew 13?

===

Several years ago, at the begining of my "life in a humpy" (see photos in my photos thread) I invited my father-in-law to come camping for a couple of weeks. Alan died a few moths ago but was an Elder at the time. We got on fine till we entered the subject of early christianity and its origins.

The old yorkshire man kept accusing me with "talking to apostates!" I protested that "yes, I have," but everything I was telling him was from my own research much while still an active witness. Eventually he solemly asked whether I would ever be going to meetings again. I thought about it and answered no. He was happy and relieved with that. I was clearly no threat to the flock and wouldn't require judicial action. We could remain friends.

A cynic like myself would say that the whole point of "sheparding the flock" is to protect society assetts. The Brooklyn Mafia are amassing a fortune on the backs of the humble "publisher." At HQ people are just data entry. The true value of the lower ranks is their free labour. Any corporation would love several million unpaid volunteers. The WTBTS is a smooth run business and I predict many changes to make it more profitable. E.G: I won't be surprised if the Kingdom halls one day get sold off/assett striped and the congregations are charged rent (rent for something they should own).

unclebruce

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

possibly...I don't see any rules against research or going undercover. only joining. Since they are humans and cannot see your heart or intentions, they would have to accept your "truth" wouldn't they?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone
    it involves teaching false

doctrines, supporting or promoting false religion and its

holidays or interfaith activities.

uh oh, all the witnesses are goin down.... they preach lies, lies lies... shoot, this is trouble for them...

the infamous one

• Frog
    Frog

they really do put their own spin on the term apostate don't they?! if being an apostate according to them means calling them to account on innacurate teachings, highly questionable policies, and critically assessing alternative lines of thought then yes apparently we're all apostates. They make it so damned broad that any leaver within time basically becomes an apostate. It's a perfect little scam they've got going, if you even remotely cause a storm you get the label & are instantly an irredeemable sinner.

I'm lmost happy to be whatever they call me, providing I'm the least possible closest thing to being one of them. x

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Yeah...and when they label anyone who questions them a "apostate", if nobody questions them and their opinion stated as a fact. It actually becomes "truth" until somebody stands up for them, and asks "why". Then they are punished for this love of truth, and shunned as well. I am sure Jesus approves of this behavior, and they will be highly rewarded when He arrives.

or did He say: "Don't judge..lest YOU be judged." Guess that was figurative speaking, or symbolic? I can't wait to find out for sure.

IMO

• FairMind
    FairMind

Causing divisions and promoting sects.

I've been told that disagreeing openly with the elders can be construed as causing divisions.

Since they are humans and cannot see your heart or intentions, they would have to accept your "truth" wouldn't they?

No! They somehow can justify any action they take.

• Jimmy423
    Jimmy423

Hi my name is Jimmy and I'm an apostate. It's been 8 years since my last Watchtower Study. Does this mean I get an 8 year chip?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks for sharing that information . Do you want to hear something funny ? A few years ago our family had the priviledge of a sheparding call, and during the visit I noticed the Bro. looking through my book shelves . Then he commented on the way I like to decorate the house for fall and winter .He noted the lighted houses I keep on a shelf ( could be mistaken for xmas houses) It is only now that I've figured out they were checking up on me to see if I was celebrating holidays ! (which at the time I wasn't ) But now some of his questions make more sense , Some one must have seen the decor , and put in a warning to the bosses. And the last sheparding visit (which came after missing more than a few meetings ) one elder asked if I was stumbled over the 1975 issue , because he was sure he had spoken to me about it before.......which is not true because I was a kid back then ,and never believed any of that mess anyway. But now I think he was sniffing for possible apostate views ...sneaky little .

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Wow, here I was thinking of myself as an ex jw, and I read this and find I'm really an apostate! (I celebrated a false religious holiday - Chrisrmas)

No wonder I get shunned, it's obviously what I deserve.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That Scully is a smart one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit