Serious Question: Spanking

by i am a good soul 24 Replies latest social family

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Good Soul -

Welcome to JWD. Nice to have you with us. And thanks for digging up some pretty old threads. It was interesting to see some of those again.

I grew up in a household where my father was Presiding Overseer. Belts, wooden spoons, and 1x2's 1"x2"x18" pieces of wood) were used on us. When none of these implements were nearby, we were also whacked with an open hand (hard enough that he broke his thumb when he missed my butt one time).

What brought you to our site today?

-Aude.

• 4nick8
    4nick8

I saw this in public once, The dude was whacking his son while saying " stop hitting your sister" Way to go pops.

Tracy

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    does the spanking continue into their late teens, even adults.

yes, however as young girls grow into womanhood...

the spanking responsibility is handed over to the christian elders..

who happily administer the rod of discipline.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Not so sure what them JW's are doing now, but I can say that EX-JW's are quite fond of slapping asses. lol

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Yeah. They do still practice that shit. My very active JW sis has 3 boys. I haven't been around them in quite some time because I can't stand her threatening, coercive, bullying (and intermitten dissociative behavior also known as "zoning out," symptomatic of past abuse and/or borderline personality disorder!). If it's reported to authorities, they put on their "good Christian" hats and I become a great apostate "trouble-maker."

The JW grandparents still do the same old shit, too, and believe it or not, sister constantly fights with my mom over such "discipline," while she repeats the same exact lousy parenting "techniques" that were acted out on us: demanding silence and perfect behaviour at meetings and field service, favortism, unfavorable comparison, threats, spankings, zoning out and improperly supervising the kids. (My sister and I got our stomachs pumped out a lot). It's absoulutely crazy-making for me. And sister's worried about the negative impact I might have on her kids (as an apostate). Crazy bitch, she is, just like our mom.

And the JW policies just reinforce all this: "spare the rod and spoil the child." Very unrealistic expectations most JWs have for their kids are enforced often violently. And that's a fact, jack. There are some who are more, and some who are less abusive than my own family, of course. I've seen it many times. As a teenager, shortly after I was disfellowshipped, I remember an elder in the congregation visiting our house and relating to my family how his youngest son, Jason, made the grave mistake of eating a birthday cake at a school party; even though Jason did not participate in the party, he was "whipped real good." G@ddd@mn jerks!

BTW, Jason eventually became a JW pioneer and elder. I'd bet money he treats his kids the same. Very sad.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Definitely depends on the culture/country. I stopped spanking mine when they reached about 9 years old - and even then it tended to be a little tap - I never beat them - that is cruel

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Yes please!!

Seriously, I don't agree with it. I think the use of violence will only teach the child that violence is acceptable. I believe that most people spank when they are in the heat of anger and that sends the wrong message to the child. It is always better to try and redirect the bad behavior if possible and use punishment as a last result. Everyone parents differently though, but punishment in any form is difficult. Spanking is probably the easiest to adminster and is the most satisfying to the parent, but I feel it is the worst form of disipline a parent could use. If you do decide to use it I would suggest you only do so in extreme cases and never do it out of anger.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

BTW Welcome to the board I am a good soul

• Highlander
    Highlander

I like spanking and being spanked...

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I was told of a situation where an 18 yr old girl was whacked in the legs with a wooden stick as her friends were coming over to pick her up. This happened in the front yard where her friends watched.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit