Curse of Cham (Ham).....Was Rutherford prejudiced?

by hubert 13 Replies latest jw friends

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Rutherford??? Who cares about Rutherford? This is 2006 and if the best that can be found is some quotes from the 1930s, by a man long dead, after all the millions of words that have been printed in WT publications, what really does this prove about JWs?

A rope is a rope, but a straw is a straw. This is a straw.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would love to see scans of these statements from the Rutherford era:

"Blacks from all over the city go to this school by preference. They feel that they can get the best chance by staying in their own crowd, and they are probably right....While it is true that 'of one blood God hath made all nations of men,' nevertheless under present imperfect conditions a wise segregation is probably an advantage to all concerned" (The Golden Age, October 1, 1919, p. 8).
    "Question: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? Answer: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, 'Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren,' he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world" (The Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702).
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Telling the Nazi government that they agree with their opposition to Jews is a "straw"?

• hubert
    hubert
    Rutherford??? Who cares about Rutherford? This is 2006 and if the best that can be found is some quotes from the 1930s, by a man long dead, after all the millions of words that have been printed in WT publications, what really does this prove about JWs?

It proves that the Watchtower Society, by statements of their second president, are .......

HYPOCRYTES

Thanks for the prints of the "enemies" book, Leolaia. I'd love to get my hands on one of those "Golden Age" books.

Ohappyday, It may be a straw to some, but it would be a Giant Redwood to me.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit