What Would It Take For Your JW Family/Friend To Get Out?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Armageddon

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

For my family if they came out I think it would kill them. My parents have been absolute fanatics all my life. They are in their late 70s now. They're the kind that see Armeggedon around every corner and are rubbing their hands together gleefully after 9/11 and the situation in the middle east. I really think they are in keen anticipation of getting to see those birds pick the bones clean.

No I can't think of a thing. Now my brothers the elders? I don't even know them anymore we haven't spoken in so many years. But one thing I know about them and their families, they are the gestapo type elders, with wives who keep a sharp eye out for dissent or a blouse cut too low, etc. If they left where would they get power like that? Just can't see it.

Sherry

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

A miraculous act of God.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My mother would probably leave if if the blood policy were totally revoked or if there was financial monkey business revealed at Brooklyn Bethel and the GB were implicated. I think if my relatives read COC, they may leave. The trick is to get them to read it and find someone credible to confirm the info.

• garybuss
    garybuss

What Would It Take For Your JW Family to Get Out?Funerals have been working well so far.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think what wakes up people more than anything is when they are the target of unloving actions on the part of a group of JW's or Elders.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Having them tell my mom she couldn't talk to her dad (he's a 7th day adventist) anymore. I think she would realize that the religion is stupid. Although when she couldn't talk to me anymore, she really didn't care. But who knows if that will happen.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Witnesses have been taught from day one that there will be people, things, or events that the devil will use to try to make you stumble. They are taught that it may even be your mother, father, sister or brother. So, in order to get them out, they are going to have to come to their own realization that there's something "fishy" going on in the religion. They are going to have to "realize" that it is not the "devil", but that there is truly something wrong with the religion.

I don't know how to approach my daughters about the wrongness of the religion without appearing to be a "demonized" stumbler from the "darkside". They're going to have to "pull the wool off" their own eyes. Even though, I had disassociated myself years ago, I still couldn't discern that Jehovah was not the Watchtower. I found myself believing that I was not a follower of Jehovah because I didn't like "his organization". I didn't realize this until after my daughters were baptized. This was 16 years later! Talk about having someone's mind on lockdown.

The key is there somewhere in a seed that I planted before they became witnesses. I am hoping that I planted the seed of common sense. Hopefully, some event that will occur in the religion will make it grow!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I think it was God that pulled me out. Nobody was trying to influence me to get out..so I'm waiting for someone to contact me since I D'Aed...I don't feel a big urge to pull people out. Maybe I should???? To answer your question ..a person has to want the truth no matter who they have to lose, and no matter what they have to do to get it.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

If the watchtower have an article saying this is the last magazine ever and by the way we were wrong there is no god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit