The need for educated proffesonals - more WT hypocrisy?

by jambon1 21 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Hey, Dozy! Shame on you for criticizing some one else's spelling. Perhaps it was just a typo! Have you noticed the doozies that the WTS has put out in their own materials? Not to mention the mis-quotes and the contradictions?

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no doubt that the WTS are discouraging their R&F from going to university and this is a long standing policy, I remeber they used to persistently push all that anti education tripe in the late 1970's, the end will come in a few years why bother going, and it surely did come. WE are now in the year 2006. That's when I began to suspect that their real motive for this was because they didn't want educated ppl in the org.

On the other hand I and others went to university and no one at the congo disapproved they rather admired us, so it varies from place to place how the local dubs react, the same as when one is growing a beard. Some may react badly out of jealousy. Better education means better pay and social status.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Dozy's remarks remind me of another apologist poster who used to be here..........defd !

Their comments were similar but when called to provide proof or when shown "truth", they failed to respond. Probably because of a total lack of any common sense understanding of the real world ! Can you read the word brainwashed?

Mods............you can delete the following or chastise me if you want to but dozy is an.............................

just like most of the other apologists.

All we can hope for is for him/her and others to have the blinders removed. Hopefully in the near future!

HappyDad

P.S. Jambon1...............great post by the way and so very true. Thanks.

• clovis
    clovis

I cannot understand why people like Dozi are even on this site?! You are, just by reading these comments associating yourself with "apostate" views. This is strictly forbidden by the WBTS, let alone commenting on topics yourself. So now that your one of us I will go on to say that the WBTS definately dicouraged myself and those I grew up with in regards to higher education. I had a near perfect grade in HS and could have picked any college in the state. No, dumb me listened to all the aforementioned rehtoric and happily waited for armegeddon. Anyone remember the talk ( Will You be Alive in 75?)? So Dozi you are wrong and there are thousands of us to bring to to task for your condensending view. I hope I haven't misspelled any words as I am a lowly bricklayer with a bad back and no new system to fix it. Join us or leave, don't lurk like a coward.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I was in highschool in the early 80's, and was balked upon because I went to 1 year trade school after. I still went!

When I bought my first new car, everyone in my congo was talking behind my back on how materialistic I was (oh,no! it was not a minivan/wagon). a few years after others started buying new cars

Even though I have made a decent living, I regret not going to college/univ. Shame on the WT for destroying lives, and making the world a worse place!

P.S. what is wrong with people being able to afford having nice loooking houses with well groomed exteriors? what is wrong with clean auto's rather than old polluting clunkers? ....... leave it to the WT for demonizing what is nice

• ringo5
    ringo5
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."—Matt. 24:34.

Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone! (Awake! 1969 May 22 p. 15)

Unc do you or does anyone else have a scan of that article? (It's not on the CDROM for some reason:))

• Grouper
    Grouper

Dozy has his/her head up his/her ass.

The issue is not weather the WTBTS bans education, the issue is that JW's need the services of educated professionals, but the WTBTS doesn’t encourage their members to do their part to assist their communities in placing qualified individuals in these services that require higher education.

Dozy is correct in stating the WTBTS does not ban education in their literature, but go to you local KH or assembly and see what the theme is concerning in getting an university education. I have heard speakers that have a higher education demonize it and in not so many words ban it. This is not an isolated event, I have seen at conventions in So Cal and No Cal in both English aand Spanish.

The WTBTS uses its conventions to say what it really wants to say but does not want to be held accountable to, as it would if it printed it. If the speaker(s) denounces higher education and for all intensive purposes bans it, it is OK with the WTBTS because it could just state that those were the sentiments of the speaker but not the WTBTS, BUT WHO GAVE HIM THE OUTLINE?

The WTBTS does not directly ban higher education in its literature because it does not want to be stuck between a rock and a herd place and so people like Dozy can state that the WTBTS does not ban higher education.

Witnesses that get an education do it despite the WTBTS.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Actually, It was a typing error, the way I spelled proffesionals.

Then again, I`m not sure if that word contains to f's or just 1. Also, not sure if the word hypocrisy is spelled correctly.

If that gives people an excuse not to take on board a valid point then so be it. Shame some prefer to defend the undefencable rather than face the truth.

• Frog
    Frog
    where I come from university goers are very much stigmatised in the congs.

a very valid point Jambon, I don't see how any dub raised in the troof (such as myself) could ever argue with you on that one, for we all know it to be true. It seems to always be the case that if you arrive in a cong with a sought after degree you are much to be praised, but if you are considering on embarking on a college/university career you are very much looked down upon as having your priorities all wrong.

I cannot understand why people like Dozi are even on this site?!

...i don't think we should attack Dozy so quickly, he's just a newbie and perhaps he's just having an off day :)...btw though matey, your spelling is attrocious lol! x

• DelTheFunkyHomosapien
    DelTheFunkyHomosapien

Dozy is just like all the other lurkers/ newbies still in the troof. Usually one post followed by a torrent from us and they either go back to lurking or never come back. Easy does it people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit