Why do loyal dubs post here

by Room 215 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Room,

I don't thinkt he Dumbs who post here are loyal! That's why they're here in the first place!

Now my crackhead aunts, who live and breathe on everything eminating from 125, would NEVER even surf the internet, much less read one negative word about JWs.

We have NO CHANCE with the loyal JDumbs. Only with those who dissent on some level, if only by reading our website.

Lisa

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi 215: JWs post here because they are not so loyal 'deep down' in their hearts. Intuitively I believe that many know the religion is seriously in error, and they are searching, even if subconsciously. - Amazing

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

It's obvious: they are desparately (and secretly) looking for a way out.

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Michael3000: You are very correct. When I first heard about the Ray Franz resignation, while at the District Convention in San Francisco in 1980, I was stunned, and wondered immediately what his reasons were for leaving the GB. I first heard of his disfellowshipping in January 82, shortly after it happened in December 81. Again, I wondered why this happened. It was strange listening to the announcement in our Kingdom Hall.

Then later on I read the Time magazine article, about this, and again wondered, and secretly hoped he would write a book about his concerns. Then I heard about his book in 1983, shortly after it was published. I was an Elder, but wanted to know anyway. I searched for his book, on and off, for 6 years. Then, in 1989, at the Portland, Oregon Public Library, I found it ... and read it in secret.

It was the most checked out book, and was only one of four copies they had. the librarian told me I was lucky to come in when I did or it would have been gone. I had to believe that most of the people reading it were JWs like me, needing and wanting to know. So, your point is well taken. - Amazing

• waiting
    waiting

Whatever the reasons, and it's probably one already given......it shows that we're all trying to be thinking people, questioning, wanting to learn - even if only about one particular aspect of jw living/rules/teachings.

Rather like when we came into The Truth, many different variations of reasons - but we came in.

Now we have a place to learn about Jehovah's Witnesses - What They Don't Tell You. Because there's more they don't tell you than they tell you - guaranteed.

I think most of us are still learning - so in that view - welcome to the jw lurkers - we're no different than you are, just people.

And freedom of speech and thought IS better!

waiting

• dubla
    dubla

there are "loyal dubs" here, and there are "apostates" here. the dubs are looking for answers to their doubts, and "apostates" are trying to give them answers. then theres youknow. what the hell is he besides a raving lunatic? not only does he make a fool of himself to the so called "apostates", but he gives the jws a bad name (okay, a worse name), and most likely helps turn the searching jws running in the opposite direction from the wtbts......bravo yk, keep up the good work in helping people see how ridiculous it all is!!

aa

• dins
    dins

Room,

I hope that more dubs log on and realise what the real truth is.

I have spent many years thinking that I was the only one on the whole planet who felt the way I did after escaping the clutches of the Borg. Now I find that there are thousands (perhaps millions) who have felt the full range of emotions that I have and it's good to know that I am not alone.

Have a good holiday everyone......

Dins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit