Why do loyal dubs post here

by Room 215 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

This issue, of course, has been raised before. Of course there's no one simple reason. Arrogance, I'm sure plays a role -- the ones that feel the WTS counsel to avoid dialogue with opposers is meant for the ``weaker ones'' and cannot possibly apply to someone as well-grounded and mature as they.
    It may be a tacit acknowledgement that the Society's arguments against debate are specious. Jesus and his followers have have remained silent in the presence of ridiculers, but certainly not opponents with hard questions or objections.
    Then too, naivete --- some still buy into the line they were fed before having gotten baptised, the one that goes like ``we now have The Truth; truth is unassailable and never flinches or hides from a challenge.
    Then many -- who knows? -- some may be counting the time spent here as field service! It's the one endeavor where being a slow typist is an advantage!
    Whatever your reasons, dubs, welcome!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey, I was a loyal dub when I first came online.....

And now look where I ended up!!!

lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I second that, Room215! A warm welcome to all our loyal JW friends lurking here. Stick around, you may learn something for your benefit.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

one reason bring people here who 'know better': Curiosity

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I come here becuase I learn alot that I dont get
    from the Org. For example, kents posting are unparalled
    he is like the cnn of the the "borg"

Maximus has keen insight and a very good perspective.

I am to cheap to by Crisis of Cons. so i learn here too

plus i got some good dating adice once.

• troubled
    troubled

In my post yesterday (about pedophiles) I was questioned about my goals (reasons) for being here. See my reply, if you're interested.

• drloss
    drloss

Loyal dubs don't. Just lurking here would be deemed disloyalty in dubdom. Hopefully many many more will lurk and post and discover there is life after enslavement.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

there are a TON of JW lurkers reading our posts, including peeps from the society.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hello,

I for one found this site when I was surfing for JW sites. I was already upset by things that had happened to me, and things I had observed. I think loyal JWs lurk and post here because they themselves are probably looking for an outlet or are having doubts.

I myself have learned so much from this forum. So many people from many different walks of life all are sharing the same concerns, thoughts, etc. Really makes you realize you werent nuts after all.

It's funny though, for me anyway, when I first started posting here, I was afraid. Then I was guilt ridden. Now I am angry. All the experiences I have read here really drive alot points home. You realize just how unfair, cruel, and judgemental JWs can be. It is refreshing to have a place to go to speak you're mind. Been an interesting journey so far!

Thanks to all for your encouraging thoughts!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

nope try again..not having any doubts......i hated
    my last instruction talk though.

despite what the "all dubs are brainwashed" mentality is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit