IT'S [going to be] A GIRL!

by dedalus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Woooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!! Finally a "neice" to spoil and love!!! :) :) :)

Princess is right, girls ARE expensive! But just wait until you see her in a little tutu for the first time... your heart is going to just melt! *lol*

You know that you can always write to me privately if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Foxy too! I'm only five and a half years into this daughter-raising thing but I'm having the time of my life :)

love you much!
    your cybersis
    essie

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

dedalus,

CONGRATS! (((((ded, foxy and baby dedette))))

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

(((hugs))) & congratulations! One year to go before me & Mr. O start doing the BD (baby dance)... I'm so glad for you both.

Cheerios (the cereal, you know ),
    Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Thanks everyone!

One year to go before me & Mr. O start doing the BD (baby dance)... I'm so glad for you both.

LOL! Good luck! Of course, the "baby dance" is a lot of fun even when you're not trying to have a baby! Additionally, it's absolutely amazingly fun even after you've already conceived!

Thanks for the insight, Princess and Essie! Girls are more expensive ... I hadn't realized that. Uh-oh. She'll be worth it, though, I'm sure.

Last night I stayed awake thinking about all of the things I'll have to teach her about and protect her from: boys, pollution, boys, bad teachers, boys, traffic, boys, drugs, boys, smoking, boys, alcohol, boys, strangers, and boys. More than any of that, though, I want her to be a strong woman -- self-assured, confident, intelligent, etc. I suppose every parent wants that ...

Been having odd dreams about my father and the sort of parent he was. I guess that's normal too.

Boy, I hope I don't mess this up!

Dedalus

• rem
    rem

Tres cool, my friend!

You're gonna have your hands full, man, but it'll be worth every second. You might want to start saving up for your future phone bills now! :)

I'll be celebrating with a nice cigar when the time comes, Ded [Dad]. Lotsa love to Foxy!

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• LDH
    LDH

Dedalus,

I am very happy for you. I haven't found out yet, but am due on Thanksgiving Day.

I have an 11 yo daughter, and (sorry guys!) I have to disagree with the statement about girls being more expensive.

It's all in the way you do it. If your daughter notices you obsess on brand name clothes and designer shoes, well, yeah, she's gonna want Gap and Limited Too. But if you're anything like me, a bargain hunter, you will head straight for the clearance aisles at Target. HAHA. and your daughter will too.

One other thing, After she was born, I started buying shoes for her that would be big enough for her to wear after she turned 1. (I'm not a believer in shoes before the age of 1, but thats MHO). Anyhow, I bought everything on clearance that I could find in vaious sizes. I got Stride Rites for like $10 a pair (Instead of waiting till she grew into em and paying $40 a pair). Beleive me, it doesn't matter what size you buy, she will grow into it. By the time my daughter was 2, I had purchased enough shoes on clearance to last her until she was like 6 years old.

I wish you the best of happiness. Daughters are fun, and funny.

Lisa

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Lisa,

About the brand name thing - it might just be you and your daughter. I didn't have hardly any money for my first daughter -- she wore hand-me-downs and clothes I purchased at garage sales, and handmade.

Don't get me wrong - she was a beautiful girl with good clothes, but not from shopping at stores, either on sale or full price.

But I knew I was in trouble when I bought a whole slew of clothes from a woman when my daughter was 2.5 years old. There was a long, red-checked dress in there (floor length for her). She never had one, and put it against her and twirled around the room in love.

Her father looked and me and said "We're in trouble. She's waaaay too young to feel this good about a new dress." For once in his sorry-ass life, he was right.

She & I finally agreed that I'd pay Penny's/WalMart prices - and if she wanted to wear Polo - she'd come up with the difference. She got a Saturday job flipping burgers when she was 13 and paid the difference from then on. One of the worst lectures she got was paying $50 for a pair of shoes when she was 15 (she was my first child - I didn't understand things yet).

By the time my boys were teenagers, I was glad to pay the first $50, but they still had to pay the extra. How times changed in four later years!

I do think girls tug at the heartstrings more than boys - and they know it. Either can be completely exasperating!!

waiting

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Ded and family - CONGRATS! Us girls are expensive, but a wonderful blessing! Hope all goes well! :D

Andi

• waiting
    waiting

Hey......in all the chatter about girls, I forgot!

Congratulations on your girl, Dedalus!

waiting

• LDH
    LDH

Waiting, that's the point! I never got caught up in the labels!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit