Having some fun

by Scorpion 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Just picture this.

Two Jehovah's Witnesses walking through the local mall or shopping center on Saturday morning doing what most active JWs do on Saturday. Trying to get in their hours to report to Big Brother, or in this case, Mother.

The two Witnesses are doing street work. One of the Witnesses is a well known JW elder in the congregation. They are busy confronting people with their WT and Afake Magazines or whatever is in their bookbags to present for the day. The atmosphere is somewhat busy, and the two Witnesses are talking to a few individuals sitting on a bench in the shopping center. You can tell from the reactions of the individuals sitting on the bench that they are not really interested. There are other people within ear shot listening but acting as though they are not. The well known elder is in the middle of his presentation and pulls out his New World Abomination Bible.

I walk up, confront them, and in a fairly loud voice say: HEY, I WANTED TO ASK YOU GUYS SOMETHING. YOU TWO ARE JEHOVAH WITNESSES, RIGHT?

They are a bit taken back and the elder says, yes!

I say: is it true that the Watchtower Society, the religion you support is the only true channel to God and that all other religions are false?

The elder says: we believe that our religion is true, yes.

I say: So you actually believe that all religions are false, and will be destroyed as well as everyone that supports them by Jehovah God very soon in the battle of Armageddon? Is this true?

The elder says: Well, false religion as far as we believe will be destroyed by God.

(The tention is getting thick and there are more people listening. The two that are sitting on the bench are looking intently at the two Witnesses waiting for their responses)

I say: Are all religions outside the Watchtower Society considered false by your religion and your beliefs?

(The elder is figiting with his book bag as if he is looking for something, he already has put his NWT away)

The elder says: We believe as Witnesses that God will bring destruction to all those not doing his will.

(There's some pretty long roots to these teeth as you can see)

I say: You did not answer my question though. Is it true that all those that are not of your fold or are active members of the Watchtower Society and belong to another religion will be destroyed by God in Armageddon?

(By now several people are focusing in on this discussion)

The elder says: NO!

(Theocratic warfare I reckon)

I say: Well, that's not what I was taught as a Jehovah's Witness. I just wanted to see if you would be honest with these people you are talking to, it is obvious that you refuse to be, by not telling the truth about what you really believe about those outside your faith.

(The two Witnesses stood there for a moment dumbfounded and excused themselves saying they were late for an appointment. They tried to leave a tract with one of the people they were originally talking too, the tract was refused).

I feel badly for individuals that represent themselves as agents of God, but can not tell the truth about what they believe. I also feel anger to those that are responsible for causing such deception to innocent people. People that are used to further a cause that is nothing more than a lie is a travesty.

Edited by - SCORPION on 14 October 2000 2:44:50

• AhHah
    AhHah

I think we all have some fantasies similar to that. Is it a true story?

• AhHah
    AhHah

I forget not to use the refresh screen after I post ... sorry!

Edited by - AhHAh on 14 October 2000 5:48:44

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

That's a good experience Scorpion. I know alot of Witnesses these days don't believe everyone who is not a Witness will die. It seems that is a hidden part of our message, and while at one time we "told it like it is", these days, its only something that's understood, but not talked about.

I've done something similar with a Witness friend who was witnessing to a "worldly" friend. I made sure he told ALL the facts as to what we believed if he didn't become a Witness.

Hey, if that's what we believe, then lets not beat around the bush.

I kind of feel bad for the elder in your experience, because I can picture being in his shoes. He won't forget too quickly what you said, and maybe that might be enough to get him thinking.

I feel bad too, because the elder is just a member, like we all were, taking the heat in the "front lines", where as those responsible for many things, that quite likely could change one day, are nowhere to be found.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Scorpion,

Deception is used - but not called that. JW's, as some families do, put their best foot forward to the publice. "What goes on behind these four walls stays here."

I was in a restaurant with about 4 others jw's who knew all the details of a bad situation involving my family in our local KH. Several brothers were discussing with me the lies which were told by body of elders. I did not lower my voice, but it was no louder than others. One brother told me to lower my voice lest another table might hear what I was saying negatively about "Jehovah's people."

I said, "So what? Let them hear the truth about the congregation before they get into the congregtion and can't leave.

His answer: "Well, others might not understand that we all make mistakes. The importance is getting them into the Truth so their lives can be saved."

In other words, present near perfect peace, give them the same as any other relgion. And don't tell them they can never leave freely.

Public Relations taught WTBTS style.

waiting

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

AhHah,

Yes! Very true.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Pathofthorns and waiting,

Getting them to think is what it is about. The WT has taken the JWs ability to think (FREELY) away. Once they are free to think and question and act upon logic and common sense, they are on their way out, we hope!

• sevenoften
    sevenoften

Just thought I would clarify Scorpion’s work of fiction. How do I know? I was the one he was talking to.
    Yes, we were working a shopping center and this kid with greasy hair and bad teeth comes up and asks what he perceives to be some sort of trick question.
    The answer is as it always has been:
    Well, DUH, like that’s a real revelation, that adherents of a religious faith would believe theirs to be the only true one.
    Why not ask the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland who are slaughtering each other if they expect to see members of the other side sitting next to them in heaven?
    Why not ask any faithful Muslim if he expects to see infidels in the afterlife?
    You losers act like belief in “one way” is unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses, when in fact it has been in practice for many centuries. (Look under “I” for inquisition)
    Looks like you’re the one that needs to start thinking for yourself.
    Tell you what, sonny boy- go back to school, study a little history, and then come back with a question that you didn’t get off www.cliché.com.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Well, well, well.....looks like JW's are just like every other religion that they've taken great pains to condemn. Thanks for making this point clear. Seems that they aren't all that "separate from the world" as they care to believe....like this is news to us....DUH!

This is exactly why I no longer espouse religiosity, which IMO is from men. I rather try to develop a sense of spirituality.

Once again, the fool has made him/herself evident by expounding on the obvious, 7 O' 10.

• puppylove
    puppylove

LOL @ 7of10!

When did they let you back out of the hospital?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit