A 'Screw the Publishers' GB Strategy?

by metatron 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

While a man might hold a particular office, there is no guarantee that his personal faith will continue. There are a number of older

brothers , at Bethel and elsewhere, who quietly hold to a 'it's a good life' view of the 'truth' - as opposed to the blind zombie-faith of

many publishers.

Suppose the Governing Body takes a quiet 'screw the publishers, we're holding the assets' strategy. They cut and cut and cut

and fill the publications with limp cut and paste rehash - and let it all fall apart - with no one to stop them. They retire to Paterson

with nice offices and big cars and that's that......

I think this gets more probable, day by day.

metatron

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Wouldnt surprise me; Nothing they do surprises me anymore. At least it isn't my money they are running away with but the gullible people who contribute donations.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Suppose the Governing Body takes a quiet 'screw the publishers, we're holding the assets' strategy. They cut and cut and cut and fill the publications with limp cut and paste rehash - and let it all fall apart - with no one to stop them. They retire to Paterson with nice offices and big cars and that's that......

How would that be any different from what they're doing now?

• sir82
    sir82
    How would that be any different from what they're doing now?

I think that's the point. Such a process has already begun - quietly.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I wouldnt doubt it at all. And while you're at it, you can include the WT lawyers and accountants in that lot also. With all of the downsizing, there seems to be a serious retreat and hold what we have mentality. There is enough money for them all to live off of very comfortably for the rest of their lives, even if everything else goes to hell and a handbasket.

I forgot which poster said it, but there is no better time than now to follow the money.

Axel

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Sure seems to be the way things are going, and there are so many lemmings being led over the cliff with the thought of "living forever on paradise earth", I thought Enron was bad, this is worse because it is all being done in the name of Jehovah.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I already believe that's what they're doing, Metatron. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I sincerely hope that this is what's happening....and with the lawsuits coming up, might even go faster. *crosses fingers*

Imagine the faces of all those loyal dubs when they realise they are screwed.

• metatron
    metatron

That's the crazy part: I'm not sure what it would take to wake up the average Witness- Zombie! The Theocrats could laugh their

heads off in private and I'm not sure that most publishers catch on.

Like a battered wife or the spouse of an alcoholic, what will make them wake up?

metatron

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The cut & paste publishing has been going on for a long time now. Any revisions are probably made to satisfy the legal department. What I'm waiting to see is some watchtower bigwigs grab some of the assets and run.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit