Please expand my cd or record colldection.

by jojochan 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jojochan
    jojochan

I was just diggin through everything in my crates and just noticed that I had just listened to EVERYTHING here. I'm bored with my music now; please broaden my mind...list some tunes for me to listen to. I listen to everything,EVERYTHING.Don't be shy, list whatever, jazz, ska, dub, electronica, ambient, punk, bluegrass, industrial, classical whatever. I don't care.

Broaden my mind.

Thank you all.

jojochan.

• ballistic
    ballistic

hmm, that's quite a list of genres... you'd probably find my tastes a bit sugar-coated... I like pop, pop-rock, prog rock, rock, classical, pop-techno, electronic.

Have you tried "torrents" for downloading music... It's a good way to download whatever you want for free - even if it's just to see if you like it - you can always go out and buy the album if you like it and want to support the group.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I like pop, pop-rock, prog rock, rock, classical, pop-techno, electronic.

You'd be suprised, I like jpop as well. I love shonen knife!

Like I said before, ANYTHING!

jojochan.

• shark attack
    shark attack

TRY SPUNGE- PEDIGRE CHUMP. IT'S A MIX OF PUNK SKA AND ROCK.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

some of my favorites include:

-lou barlou, emoh
    Really good acoustic music
    -the flaming lips, yoshimi battles the pink robots
    wonderful album filled with all sorts of electronic rock and variations
    -anything by wendy carlos
    a strange musician that plays bach and other famous composers on the synth, has been putting out albums since the 70s. Also did the soundtrack to "A Clockwork Orange". Great stuff.
    -brooklyn sax quartet
    a great group of musicians from brooklyn, no percussions just horns
    -Lou Harrison
    A wonderful composer. Just bought his album "Serenado", it's a good buy. Some of his other works include many one of a kind instruments he built himself.

That's some of what i've been listening to lately. I highly reccomend half.com, you can get a lot of music there for not much cash.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thing is I have 1699 albums so it's hard to just pick one and say you might like it - musical tastes are very unique to individuals.

Other than downloading, another good way to branch out is buy compilation albums (various artists) of stuff you like, and check out artists on it that you like but have not tried before.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I have an on-going love affair with Belle & Sebastian.. Their new album isn't the best try, "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" or "If you're feeling sinister."

Also PULP if you want to go out on a limb.. With such gems like, Anorexic Beauty, and Common People. Look for the "Different Class" album.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Have you ever heard of:

Johnny Guitar Washington? I like the song on one of his albums called "I don't wanna be like the lone ranger traveling throught the world always a stranger"... (The Best of Johnny "Guitar" Watson)

Roy Ayers - Take all the time you need (Ubiquity)

War - Deliver the word

Maxi Priest and Shabba

Maxwell - (Now)

Mandrill - House of Wood

The Blue Note Remix Project (The New Groove) I, especially, like the remix of "Friends and Strangers"

Well, that's all that I can think of now. I'm tired.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    -brooklyn sax quartet

a great group of musicians from brooklyn, no percussions just horns

I check into that. It reminds me of World Sax Quartet, My favorite album is the "dances and ballads" that they put out back in the day.

Thanks for the replies. I'm putting the list together as we speak.

jojochan.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My favorites:

Cinderella

T.Rex

Blue Oyster Cult

Nightwish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit