No replies to your topic, does it upet you?

by greendawn 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do you get upset when very few persons (or perhaps no one) reply to one of your topics (threads)? Do you find it surprising that such failed topics become very successful when started by someone else later in time?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

It doesn't bother me. On the other hand I find myself sometimes avoiding to post in someone's thread if I find the poster intimidating. Call me a chicken if you will.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

nah.....time zones and personal favourites mean that some things are bound to go unnoticed but hey...

lifes too short

• Terry
    Terry

When few or no replies follow my posting a TOPIC it demonstrates to me I have failed to do a very basic thing.

I'VE NOT LEFT ANY ROOM FOR DISCUSSION in what I have chosen.

You can kill a thread the same way by cutting off room for discussion.

The longest thread I've ever started was called "ASK TERRY A QUESTION--ANY QUESTION" and I was astonished at the number of replies! Why did that one go on so long? It leaves plenty of room and freedom for any kind of response anyone wants to give without limit.

I think if there is a secret to starting topics it is in finding a way to invite freedom of involvement without excluding anyone.

Terry

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It doesn't bother me. After 20 years as a JW I'm accustomed to being a nonentity.

W

• Ellie
    Ellie

I find it disappointing, but sometimes there just aren't a lot of people posting, or one thread which is getting so much attention that others are going unnoticed, I doubt its ever anything personal.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't get upset. If I am asking for help and get no replies, it's usually I posted at a slow time. Otherwise, people just may not want to comment on a subject I've brought up and that's okay, too.

The longest thread I've ever started was called "ASK TERRY A QUESTION--ANY QUESTION" and I was astonished at the number of replies! Why did that one go on so long? It leaves plenty of room and freedom for any kind of response anyone wants to give without limit.

Because your thread was fun. Sometimes you and I don't agree about things. Sometimes we do. But you can have quite a sense of humor at times, which I really appreciate in any poster, and you really showed yours in that thread, Terry.

• Terry
    Terry
    Because your thread was fun. Sometimes you and I don't agree about things. Sometimes we do. But you can have quite a sense of humor at times, which I really appreciate in any poster, and you really showed yours in that thread, Terry.

A discussion Board such as this is a narrow periscope to view another person. We see them at their most serious and determined and it closes off the color of their fun-loving side.

Those who know me in person and work with me consider me to not have a serious bone in my body. Go figure.

But, on the JWD I'm just a pompous, braying donkey with heels kicking.

Somewhere between is the real me: an hilarious ass

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - it is only a godamn discussion board

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Do you find it surprising that such failed topics become very successful when started by someone else later in time?

Kind of like that Fed-Ex commercial (I think it was) where the guy goes, "wait a minute, that's the same thing I said except you went like this [waving hand gesture]",

"No, it was like this. [assertive hand gesture]"

I've been there. It doesn't bother me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit