2006 - A Year of Movers and Shakers for The Society

by truthseeker 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dear Truthseeker:

Thanks for the response. The best man at my wedding quit his high-paying Nordstrom IT job to go to Brooklyn Bethel and then an African Bethel. In addition, he cashed out all of his stock options and donated it to WTBTS...didn't need the money...he was going to serve at Bethel 'till the end.'

He was brought back for one of the district conventions. While walking in to morning worship, he had a massive heart attack. Long story short. As soon as he was able to travel, they dismissed him. He was destitute, and had to live with our PO for months. Finally, Bethel agreed to pay him a stipend for one year...to get back on his feet.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Great news, and it's only February (well, March, as of today). Should be an exciting year!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Justitia Themis, powerful information, can I get some more details. Welcome to the boards.

Art.

• luna2
    luna2
    The best man at my wedding quit his high-paying Nordstrom IT job to go to Brooklyn Bethel and then an African Bethel. In addition, he cashed out all of his stock options and donated it to WTBTS...didn't need the money...he was going to serve at Bethel 'till the end.'

He was brought back for one of the district conventions. While walking in to morning worship, he had a massive heart attack. Long story short. As soon as he was able to travel, they dismissed him. He was destitute, and had to live with our PO for months. Finally, Bethel agreed to pay him a stipend for one year...to get back on his feet.

Unbelievable. I know they do this sh*t, I've heard other stories...but it renders me speechless everytime there's a new installment. Jehoohaa's org really takes care of his loyal servants, doesn't it? Wow. Sure would inspire me to sell everything and devote myself to the WTS...NOT!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

)

Bethel elder arrangement ends on August 31, 2006

What was this about?

• jgnat
    jgnat

And, let's not forget, they settled out of court for Quotes' site, and now we have www.reexamine.org and who knows how many more mirror sites.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    How long can a paperback bound volume really last for anyway?

I'm not sure if you've seen the newest bibles, but the soft cover is thin and plastic-like, so I think it'll stand up to sweat and oils. The newest bound volumes have that exact material, so they're not as bad as the new small books.

• cathyk
    cathyk

I just found out that the 2006 convention theme is "Deliverance at Hand." I've already seen some preliminary twittering from current JWs online about how close the Great Tribulation must be, if the FDS is serving up this type of food. Any news on what's up? Makes me wonder what the convention release(s) will be.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

welcome cathyk, hope someone knows of the topic, that sure would put an interesting twist on things. The members of this board are great, very helpful to someone like me new to the teachings of the WTS.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I've already seen some preliminary twittering from current JWs online about how close the Great Tribulation must be, if the FDS is serving up this type of food.

lol @ your description!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit