How is it that... (PLEASE provide input)

by AuldSoul 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

During my discussion with Death to the Pixies I hit on something that he brushed off as irrelevant. In trying to make it clearer for him why the question mattered to me I stumbled across the best proof for myself that this CANNOT be God's organization and the Bible Students/JWs have been being lied to from the beginning.

In 1930 over 80,000 professed anointed had no clue that they were God's sole channel of communication to mankind, even though Jehovah's Witnesses now teach that the anointed have been that sole channel ever since Pentecost of 33 C.E.

Question #1: How is it possible that God's Channel of communication didn't even know they were his Channel of communication?

Question #2: If the true anointed brothers of Christ have ALWAYS been God's sole Channel of communication to mankind since Penetcost 33 C.E., why would Jesus need to choose them in 1919; didn't he already know who God's Channel was?

These are now at the top of my "No JW can answer these Scripturally list." I think these are an excellent slam dunk for organizophiles (may I coin a term, or does this one exist already?) to consider. Please comment.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont think they can prove scriptually that the "annointed" are mankinds mediator instead of jesus christ. that just seems blasphemous or something .

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

AuldSoul, I printed out the initial response you gave to Death of the Pixes. I thought it was fantastic. Yes I agree it is a slam dunk ( Shaq Oneill style ) heavy on the muscle!!!

• codeblue
    codeblue

To elaborate on your questions in another sense is this:

Jesus hand picked his disciples to do the "preaching work"..........his elete circle that knew him "personally".

WE weren't hand picked. Why should we feel he picked us then, centuries later to spread HIS GOOD NEWS...? there is no scriptural proof for this?

Jesus was 29 before he got baptized: Why do JW's insist on teenage baptism when JESUS was 29 on his baptism?

Inquiring minds want to know?

The list can go on: he never set the standard for 3 meetings a week either or time cards?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I agree AuldSoul, this to me is even more critical than the 607BCE date as something that needs to be explained. If it can be shown that in the time of 1914 through 1919 that the wts was not living up to the requirements of Matthew 24, the arguement that they are God's organization is false. The wts often talks about 'the light becoming brighter' to explain doctrine changes, but the core values of God's selected channel of communication should not be changing.

Being new in my study of the Jehovah's Witnesses, I do not have a vast collection of literature to look at, but if one takes a careful read of the Proclaimers of God's Kingdom book, which is a Watchtower publication, many more questions are raised than answered (sometimes leading one to other WT publications).

The biggest comment I have is as follows:

In 1914 the Jehovah's Witnesses (Bible Sudents at the time, I believe) were still teaching that the invisible presence had begun in 1874, not 1914, it was not until the early 1940s that the Jehovah's Witnesses began teaching the invisible presence beginning in 1914, therefore neither the original president, Russell, nor the second president, Rutherford knew it. Would one not think that God would have communicated the return of his son to such prominent men in his channel of communication? Also in the 'Faithful and discreet' passage in Luke, it is stated that Jesus would be happy if on arriving he would find them watching for his return, but in 1914 no one from the society would have been watching for his return, because he already has his invisible presence.

Other issues about the 1914 - 1919 timeframe which have been replaced with brighter light are:

Christmas and birthdays were being celebrated

The crown and cross were on the cover of the wt magazines until 1931.

One other item of note and I wish I had the watchtower scan to back this up, but I believe it was sometime in the 1980s there was an article that the JWs were in bondage to the worlds religions, especially during WWI, which they describe as the time of being selected as God's Channel of Communication (would be great if someone had this scan).

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

There is a book online by Don Cameron called Captives of a Concept that goes into a lot of detail of other things that were being taught in 1914 - 1919 which are not in accordance with present teachings and certainly not in agreement of what THE true religion should be.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Also in the 'Faithful and discreet' passage in Luke, it is stated that Jesus would be happy if on arriving he would find them watching for his return, but in 1914 no one from the society would have been watching for his return, because he already has his invisible presence.

WOW! I didn't think of that. Thank you so much! NOT A SINGLE Bible Student was watching for the arrival of Jesus in 1914, they thought he was already here. Beautifully simple. That's what I am looking for, the simplest things that they NEVER (and in this case, that I never) think about.

Please provide input, posters.

To me, some of the things in this thread are things that could be rephrased as comments in a Watchtower study (which is what I am actually going for here) without rasing so much as an eyebrow, but planting a seriously barbed seed in their thick skulls. I can say that because mine only recently thinned out...I was once a thick skull, too.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

do you have any documentation about the 80,000 annointed survey?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Kristofer, I really didn't know for sure how many partakers there were in 1935. I looked it up and in 1935 there were 52,465 partakers (the high partaker count didn't leave very many thousands for the First Century and the intervening millennia out of the 144,000).

But the point is, for however many thousands—they didn't know they were God's Channel for communication until they were told by the Corporation. According to the Corporation, not only were they God's sole Channel, they ALWAYS HAD BEEN, which makes it strikingly odd they would need to be told at all.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

sorry, I'm not sure why this isn't making sense to me.. I mean, the point makes sense. But is it really true they didn't consider themselves to be God's channel of communication at one time? I thought Russell preached this from the beginning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit