Pancake Day

by Ellie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

savoury pancakes are good too, layered like a lasagne with cheese sauce and melting grated cheese on top

tho tonights will probably be covered in homemade runny fudge sauce

my youngest was born on pancake day, i resisted the urge to call her jiffy but she does think pancake day is Ashleigh day so i cant get out of making them.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Maple syrup makes them too soggy - a light sprinkling of lemon juice and sugar is the best (IMHO). Use half milk, half water for a lighter taste, and wholemeal flour adds a 'nuttiness' to the flavor.

Scrummy.

• KW13
    KW13

JAM JAM JAM JAM...SUGAR SUGAR...yep and maybe some ice cream and more jam and sugar...OR clotted cream and strawberries...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maple syrup makes them too soggy -

Nah! You can never use too much maple syrup.

W

• delilah
    delilah

Nah! You can never use too much maple syrup.

Finallyfree......you are sooooo right on this one. REAL maple syrup, yum....you can taste the wood smell in it too....We used to make it when we lived up north...lot of work, but oh so worth it!!!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

REAL maple syrup, yum....you can taste the wood smell in it too....

When I was a kid I used to drink the real maple syrup straight from the bottle. My mom wacked my ass many times for doing this. Ok, I'll admit it, I've done it as an adult too.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    FILTH !!!

LOL

Speaking of which matey....you have a filthy mind; but your not far wrong!

DB74

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My favorite thing to put on pancakes lately is just any old fresh fruit, cut up and sautéed in a little butter, and some sour cream or crème fraiche or whatever the hell that thing is that I make out of aged* and strained buttermilk.

Whole-grain pancakes, of course. My last batch was buckwheat/whole wheat with a little ground flaxseed in it. YUM.

GentlyFeral

*Not seriously ancient. Just left out covered at room temperature for a couple days until thick - like homemade yoghurt. Then you strain it through cloth. Then it's like sour cream only better.

God, I ams SUCH a food geek.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

:: Jehovah's people of course don't have pancakes today, as of course it's yet another one of Satan's methods to turn the faithful away from the truth. (yawn).

LOL I didn't see that the first time through.

Has anyone ever had something called German Apple Pancakes? I've never had them myself but my husband has ordered them before. It looked incredibly good, but it comes in this huge monstrosity of a pancake!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Has anyone ever had something called German Apple Pancakes?

Yup, I grew up on them. My mom made them all the time. Now I'm getting hungry again..

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit