Pancake Day

by Ellie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I haven't had pancakes in forever. Now I want some. LOL This is doing my diet no good!

• Clam
    Clam
    ?? Never heard of it. Pancake day?

Daystar not sure if other countries do it but on Shrove Tuesday the Brits all eat pancakes, usually just with castor sugar on them and the processed juice of a lemon squirted from a plastic lemon ( yes a plastic lemon! ).
    That's how crazy we are!

Jehovah's people of course don't have pancakes today, as of course it's yet another one of Satan's methods to turn the faithful away from the truth. (yawn).

THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY JIF LEMONS

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I really like the German pancakes, slathered with butter, sprinkled with powdered sugar with lemon squeezed over 'em. YUMMY!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    i'm just curious, this is for a dessert? Or would you eat that for a dinner meal?

I'm guessing it's the main course. Every once in a while you've got to say, "To hell with the arteries!" and just eat something bad for you. That's what pancake days are for.

W

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

There's also waffles with crispy bacon slices baked inside, butter on top and slathered with applesauce.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ok, now you guys are getting me hungry. If I gain 40 pounds it's your fault. I just can't stop thinking about pancakes, waffles, and crepes.

alt

alt

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Finallyfree, those cheeze blintzes are the BEST! I made some for the family about 10 days ago and they wanna know when there's gonna be more!

• daystar
    daystar

clam

Shrove Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday... Oh! You mean Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday)!!

In case any of the rest of you Yanks are wondering...

• Ellie
    Ellie

i'm just curious, this is for a dessert? Or would you eat that for a dinner meal?

This is for dessert, I would normally have them (although minus the chocolate sauce and ice cream) as a main meal, but I forgot all about it yesterday and got a chicken out to defrost which I didn't want to waste.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Darn - I thought this was a new National Holiday - Feb 28 - National Pancake Day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit