? for Barry. How do Seven Day Adventists compare to JW's

by jwfacts 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

M.J. this might be what you are looking for...seems it's the same.

26. Death and Resurrection:
    The wages of sin is death. But God, who alone is immortal, will grant eternal life to His redeemed. Until that day death is an unconscious state for all people. When Christ, who is our life, appears, the resurrected righteous and the living righteous will be glorified and caught up to meet their Lord. The second resurrection, the resurrection of the unrighteous, will take place a thousand years later. (Rom. 6:23; 1 Tim. 6:15, 16; Eccl. 9:5, 6; Ps. 146:3, 4; John 11:11-14; Col. 3:4; 1 Cor. 15:51-54; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:1-10.)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Who ya gonna call?How about the History channel? Read from this newspaper article: The problem with Millennialism Naples Daily News, FL In 19th-century America the preacher William Miller was persuaded that the Second Coming of Christ would take place on the night of Oct. 22, 1844. When Jesus failed to keep that date, newspapers of the time sneered that it was a "Great Disappointment." Nevertheless, millennial expectations persisted, leading to Seventh-day Adventism and the Jehovah's Witnesses."
    There you have it folks backup confirmation that Jehovah's Witnesses are "mutated millerites" a spinoff of second adventist. There is nothing that made me gasp in horror of all WT/JW falsehoods more then this finding that it all came from the Millerite movement! Yes,the "great disappointment" of Oct 22 1844 has never falted... it lives on in the Seventh day Adventist (who admit it) AND the Jehovah's Witnesses who deny it Must see video clip http://www.dannyhaszard.com /cultvideos.htm
    The Millerites : Armageddon (History Channel) 4 min clip
    This is the highly credible HISTORY CHANNEL (Roger Mudd) not the "apostates" exposing Jehovah's Witnesses as a spin-off of the William Miller movement of 1844 Yes,the SDA and the JW's come from the same stock,my old time JW grandfather would often say that the SDA were the nearest to JW's in theology and it's no wonder.-Danny Haszard footnote:David Koresh and his cult were also a Millerite spin-off.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=seventh+day+adventist+charity&btnG=Google+Search SDA charites and relief missions

In contrast to JW's is SDA charites,back about 20 years ago i did a comparison and at the time they had over a thousand of those medical vans that would go into poor neighborhoods and do health screenings (they did me once).Can you imagine JW's doing such a thing?

• Chimene
    Chimene
    They keep the sabbath from sundown on Friday until sundown on Saturday, not working or anything as you mention above.

Exactly, she would watch the news on Friday to see exactly what time the sun was going down.

They also don't eat pork. They stick pretty much to the first testament. I forgot one time. Sitting in the Waffle House with her, she said was I was eating looked good and asked what it was, I told her it was a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich, you could hear my name being shouted outside the place, LOL! I had commited a horrible sin! LOL

• lookingfortruth2
    lookingfortruth2

I actually like the SDA's. Particulalry because they seem more loving and normal compared to the JW's. I'm seriously thinking about switching. I wonder if the JW's would consider me an apostate if I do that. I must admit though, I am wary because I'm not sure if I'm suffering from a cult syndrome or something.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Interesting data from google search http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_Church Wikipedia on SDA Results 1 - 50 of about 209,000 for Seventh day adventist cult. Results 1 - 50 of about 275,000 for Jehovah's Witnesses cult. Results 1 - 50 of about 428,000 for Mormons cult.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

That is so funny Chimene, I think I would be in trouble with any organzation who would restrict the type of food I am able to eat. I don't understand how these so called religions pick and choose the scripture that they want their lemmings to fall in line with, and then why the lemmings don't read the scripture in context to see what it is really saying. If one proof texts the bible, or any book for that matter, one can make it say whatever they want too!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Exactly right on the context issue. I really have discussed the blood thing vs. the sabbath thing with my friend Richard. We agree here that both groups needed a "stand-out" issue unlike most everybody else to mark themselves as unique. Even if they have to stretch the heck out of the bible to come up with it. So how do they really know it has to be the modern-day weekly Saturday? The JEWS told you?

Well, at least their signature issue is probably not going to kill their kids. I still rate them only half-way on the whacked out cult scale.

• Buster
    Buster

One day, a few years ago, I was driving thru Idaho when I dialed in a radio preacher. For the part I listened to, it could have come straight from a Kingdom Hall: Content, tone, all fit exactly. I actually started to wonder if the JWs had started (re-started) radio work.

Turned out to be SDA.

• Chimene
    Chimene
    If one proof texts the bible, or any book for that matter, one can make it say whatever they want too!

Amen insearchfortruth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit