Opening the door for a dub

by ozziepost 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

This happened to me at a coffee house in Ukiah one day. I replied, "Is this what passes for Christain love with the Jehovahs Witnesses in Ukiah? You should be ashamed of yourself for even using the name Christain!"

A man asked asked what it was about after commenting on the fact that the woman had simply allowed the door to shut in my face in order not to acknowledge my presence. In front of the witness, I gave the anti-witness to the others in the line about shunning and twisting of scripture and why the woman was acting like such a fool.

She left the line for coffee and left the coffee shop in embarrasment, not meeting anyone's eyes.

And no, I didn't feel sorry for her not one bit.

Jean

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In front of the witness, I gave the anti-witness to the others in the line about shunning and twisting of scripture and why the woman was acting like such a fool.

She left the line for coffee and left the coffee shop in embarrasment, not meeting anyone's eyes.

well done, Jean!

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    There was another occasion when a local elder (a Service Overseer in our old congo) actually pushed me over to get past me!!

I'm so sorry Ozzie, it still amazes me that the height of their ignorance is demonstrated by this kind of behavior. Your posts are so human, I wish I knew you personally. You share commentary without judgment.

Just wanting to share this: I have had Albert Schroeder and Max Larson insist on holding the door open for me. I say 'insist' only because I wanted them to go first and they wouldn't have it. I liked them both. Too bad the message doesn't reach all the so-called faithful.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

One of the brewpubs in the company that I work for complains of a "Big group of Jehovah('s) Witnesses that come in every Tuesday night and act like complete asses." Just a few of the complaints are:

No gratuity-ever.

They are needy and rude with all of their servers.

Their kids are loud and obnoxious, leave huge messes behind, and disturb everyone else in the establishment.(Minors are not allowed after 10:00 pm. They argue that they came in before 10 and therefore should not have to remove their children.)

They constantly argue about their bill and often refuse to pay for items that they claim were never ordered or were somehow "unsatisfactory".

The list goes on and on.

The sad part is that it is against policy to deny service to people who are rude. We have to have a pretty serious offense to "86" an individual, to "86" an entire group is unheard of.

Maybe they need a "Special Talk" about how to behave in public.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Low-key, ever hear of the joke about the publisher, the pioneer, and the bethelite?

It may be told differently but I'll tell it my way. They go to a pub and each order a beer. (Witnesses can relate because of the obsessive need for alcohol).

A fly lands in the publisher's beer and he calls the waiter to replace it. The pioneer has a fly land on his beer and doesn't have the money to replace it so he discreetly takes the fly out and continues to drink his beer.

A fly lands in the bethelite's beer and he grabs the fly and tells him to, "spit it out"!

A bethelite told me that joke and we used to laugh so hard because we could relate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit