basic questions

by BYR 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BYR
    BYR

Thanks everyone, especially Auldsoul. Got your email. Those who offered the 2 Cor 6 reference helped me understand where the thinking came from. It cleared it up. I disagree with the concept, but I understand where it comes from and have absolutely no problems respecting those who choose to not attend a wedding or funeral. For me personally, I enjoy attending other different churches than my own. I do not do it very often, but I find it enlightening to attempt to understand as many sides of the coin as I can. thanks all. brian

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK now that is cleared up I'll throw you a curve ball

Jws can and do twist just about anything to do what they want.

10 years ago and again 5 years ago my ex-husband, a JW in good standing, walked both his daughters down the aisle when they got married in a Catholic Church. After he walked them to the front he walked to the back of the church and sat down to watch.

He had been so concerned about doing this and that it might hamper his good standing that he spoke with the elders about it. Their response to him was that it was like "making a delivery" and since he would go to sit in the back that he could go ahead and walk them down the aisle as long as he did nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit