Mankind's sufferings who's to blame?

by greendawn 35 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is and always was a lot of suffering in the world since the beginning of history, so who is to blame? Is it a God that doesn't care or a mankind that refuses to be reconciled with God and through that find salvation?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

good lord greendawn,

i have a couple of answers for you:

first of all, you're to blame, okay? people like you, who with implicit assumtions and faith from childhood, go around assuming that there should be someone to blame, and that it must be some magical deity in the sky. so there is my main answer. you are to blame for all of mankinds suffering.
    There is and always was a lot of suffering in the world since the beginning of history,
    there is no such thing as suffering. there are the neurological reactions of your body and brain to discomfort, but there is no suffering, only existence. existence may suck to us, as humans, but not to anyone else. you call it suffering because you would prefer to not fathom a universe that has nil meaning. zero, nada meaning. you can imagine a better universe in your imagination, aided by whatever myths you subscribe to, and presto, you now have a thing called "suffering" that did not exist before then.
    so who is to blame?
    sigh.... no one. NO ONE IS TO BLAME! can one blame DNA? can one blame the universe for being the way it is? no, one cannot do those things without being absolutely absurd.
    Is it a God that doesn't care or a mankind that refuses to be reconciled with God and through that find salvation?
    er... how about neither!! TS
  • Terry
    Terry

I find your premise interesting.

For blame to enter into daily life somebody who has the authority and oversight of a situation must fail to exercise due dilligence.

In the Garden of Eden story God may have warned the first humans about the consequences of their disobedience, but, he never ever made clear that he was going to hold them culpable for billions of human deaths by extending their immediate guilt over countless generations of unwary offspring.

If the risk and punishment are mine alone I might act one way; but, if billions of people will die---don't you think I'd give up any thought whatsoever of going down that road? Certainly! You'd have to be insane, a sadist or without any shred of human conscience to set in motion that killing spree Jehovah passively gives the nod to.

In short....

IF there was a Divine Overseer with the power to intervene in human history in a way that diminishes the waste of life visited upon humanity AND that deity failed to act IMMEDIATELY on behalf of sanity, pity and value---said deity would be a MONSTER.

I don't believe in monsters.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

1. Entropy. The natural behavior of the universe is to go from a state of order to a state of disorder.
    2. Free will. If no one had free will then there would be no conflict or wars in the world. War and conflict in general is a sign that we do in fact have free will.
  • kristyann
    kristyann

How did you come up with the idea of "meaning" then? If there is no meaning to anything... how did the concepts of "meaning" and "no meaning" come about? If there was no meaning, why would humans prefer to not fathom a world without it? Where did they get the idea from?

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is a mankind that refuses to be reconciled with God and through that find salvation.

For unbelievers who refuse to admit that all humans are sinful by nature because of our inheritance this is a concept that they will never grasp unless they turn to the Savior in genuine repentance. They will continually scoff at and mock anyone who who has received the free gift of everlasting life as being a fundie or a crackpot. One day they will come to the realisation that every human who has ever lived will acknowledge Jesus. Hopefully, it will be before their life here on earth ends.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Well answered tetrapod.sapien

Very well answered .. your words are a pure delight but is all our suffering really down to one greendawn? That evil bastard! I knew he was up to no good!!

There is and always was a lot of suffering in the world since the beginning of history, there is no such thing as suffering. there are the neurological reactions of your body and brain to discomfort, but there is no suffering, only existence. existence may suck to us, as humans, but not to anyone else. ; you call it suffering because you would prefer to not fathom a universe that has nil meaning. zero, nada meaning. you can imagine a better universe in your imagination, aided by whatever myths you subscribe to, and presto, you now have a thing called "suffering" that did not exist before then.

Eloquent truth my brother. Words to sooth an old fundy fighters brow. Unfortunately christians rarely respond to reality kicks like this - don't know why - must be outside their narrow warped frames of reference.

We must bear them though my brother for they are simple people and know not what they say or do (and you'll get canned if you come straight out and say they're f'wits).

The new softer caring unclebruce

• kristyann
    kristyann

But I, being a simple Christian, DID respond to it. Can someone answer the question that I asked? I'd really like to know the answer to what I asked (above) if anyone has it. I am open to hearing new things, so let me know if you can answer it. I did respond... your turn!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog
    there is no such thing as suffering. there are the neurological reactions of your body and brain to discomfort,

Tetra, you sound like my freaking dentist, oh, that's not pain, that's just pressure, lol. Yeah, okay, we'll call your drilling into my head pressure if you want but man it still freaking hurts.

• gumby
    gumby
    Is it a God that doesn't care or a mankind that refuses to be reconciled with God and through that find salvation?

Even those who feel they have taken the correct path to salvation (eg;Jesus) suffer as do those without him.

Did man create flesh eating viruses? Did man cause animals to kill man? If a lion attacked a rightous man, would his rightousness save him?.... (please don't use daniel in the lions den... his case was a special event).

Many things that are wonderous speak to me of a loving creator of some type.....and many things make me wonder why there are snags that take away from this idea.

Gumagnostic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit