Did Ray Franz write COC out of anger?

by Brutus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    This is the girl I am supposed to marry. I hope her beliefs do not interfere with our relationship.

Dude, head for ze hills! Her beliefs are most definitely going to interfere with your relationship. If you marry her, she'll try to win you over - if you have kids, you can be sure she'll be determined to raise 'em as she may have been - good lil' JW drones.

RUN, DON'T WALK, TO THE NEAREST EXIT!!!

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

Brutus,

My partner asked me to get the book and read it first. She wanted to be sure it wasn't full of anger and/or hatred. From the first sentence in the intro I could tell it was not. I read it to her and she had me send the book to her. There were two things that struck her about the book, the first was how full of love it was for his fellow brothers and sisters. The second was the documentations he included in the book.

I'll warn you now, when she read it she was very shook up. She, like your fiance was IA but still believed. She read it in one night and we speant 3 hrs on the phone (long distance) discussing what she had read. Like you I am "worldly" and it was a good thing for me to read also. I highly recommend you give it a go so that you will have a better understanding of what she is going through.

Wishing you the best

• Farkel
    Farkel

Brutus,

: This is the girl I am supposed to marry. I hope her beliefs do not interfere with our relationship.

They already have.

: I already told her don't ever feed me that JW bullshit or try to convert me or I'll just leave. She said she wouldn't.

She already has. Would you trust someone who claims something is full of lies, yet they haven't even checked any of it out. If there was even ONE lie in Ray's book, I would know about it. Like Amazing and many others, I've read it at least five times and portions of it many more than that. He provides actual photographs of JW documents which are solid as a rock.

The WTS has not stepped forward even ONCE to try to refute a single WORD he said. They can't. Furthermore, WT underlings have been saying he is a liar for years, and people like myself have been challenging them to produce evidence of even ONE lie. They haven't. They can't.

Bless your little friend and send her on her way. She's poison.

I'm 53 years old and have known lots of women. If everything you've said is true, she will cause you nothing but grief, and if you don't bend to her religious wishes, you will cause her nothing but grief.

It's a no-win scenario. A Kubyashimuroo.

Buses and women come along every ten minutes. So do men for that matter. (Covering my bases so you ladies won't jump all over me!)

Catch the next one. It will only take ten minutes or so. Fifteen minutes, TOPS!

Farkel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

What is often missed in discussing the motivation of writers who examine the WTS in uncomfortable detail is that it matters not at all why they wrote, what should be examined is what they wrote.

It is the act of the intellectual coward to attack the person rather than the argument. If Ray Franz did all of which he was scurrilously accused of, it matters not one jot. What is important is, were his arguments valid? Only by examining them, can one make an estimation of this question. That is what the WTS does not want and cannot afford to have happen, therefore slander the man and his arguments become slandered with him.

Not even subtle, Goebells did it much more professionally.

HS

'Slander is the revenge of a coward and dissimulation his defence’. - Johnson

• Shane
    Shane

Trust me Haas, if you marry this lady you will be one miserable son of a female canine.
    It seems to me she has mental issues that you are not addressing its just a gut feeling but I have been around the May pole a few times.
    And latter you will find your self chewing your arm off just to avoid waking her up. ~ Shane

• Flip
    Flip
    ...She told me that the devil was working through the media to get to people.

Brutus, I can imagine your girlfriend must look very beautiful...on the outside.

Flip

• Brutus
    Brutus

I think the problem is that she is afraid of the truth. SHE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! After reading COC she refuses to believe anything in the book so she has to come up with some kind of lie to cover the fact that his book was just a lie because she could not accept the fact that all these things are really true.
    She told me that Ray Franz had some kind of conference where he told everyone that he had HIV and she was in attendance. BWHAHAHAHAHA

I'm going to write to Ray Franz and PROVE to her that she is wrong.
    Sad thing is that even if I present her with proof from the man himself she would probably come up with some other lie and still not believe the truth. How fucking stubborn can someone be? I guess she can't accept the fact that she is DEAD FUCKING WRONG.

• larc
    larc

Brutus,

I wouldn't bother Ray Franz with this nonsense. Why don't you ask this woman, when and where this meeting was held and who was in attendance. Also, ask her to give a physcial description of Ray.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Brutus,

[QUOTE]She told me that Ray Franz had some kind of conference where he told everyone that he had HIV and she was in attendance.[\QUOTE]

This is reason to be careful, delusional or bold faced lying either one take your pick.

It's your bed to sleep in.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I'm going back to the subject of this thread.
    When I finally read Crisis Of Conscience, I was blown away by the total absence of anger.It was to me just a personal acount without alot of emotions except for love which was very abundant.
    Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit