Did Ray Franz write COC out of anger?

by Brutus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Brutus
    Brutus

I asked my GF who is a JW but not an active one if she has ever read COC and she tells me she has and that his book was mostly lies about the organization and that's the reason he left was because he was tempted by a hooker and ended up sleeping with her. He told the elders what he did because he was looking for help and he ended up getting DF. Later he found out he ended up contract HIV. What's your take on this?

• JEMIMAH
    JEMIMAH

I think that your GF has a vivid imagination

Jem

• Seeker
    Seeker
    My GF who is an JW but not an active one is telling me that he book was mostly lies about the organization

Ask her to name one specifically.

and that the reason he left was because he was tempted by a hooker and ended up sleeping with her.

Never happened. Still, good marks for originality; I never heard this rumor before.

He told the elders what he did because he was looking for help and he ended up getting DF. Later he found out he ended up contract HIV.

HIV? Yes, that would explain his decent health for twenty years after this event supposedly occurred.

What's your take on this?

JW's repeat lies.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Load of crap. Obviously she hasn't actually READ the book, which has copies of letters etc. Ray Franz is married and I seriously doubt if any of that is true. More WT lies generated to smear his name.

• Brutus
    Brutus

What year was he DF?

• ITguy
    ITguy

Does sounds like a vivid imagination run wild.

That's all new stuff to me.

Which is interesting, since as Seeker says "JW's repeat lies." You'd think I would've heard this stuff already, Sensational as it is.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Brutus,

Suggest you read his book Crisis of Conscience if you genuinely seek information.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Mulan
    Mulan

I believe he was df'd in 1980, but that might not be right.

He wrote the book, so as to tell his side of the story, since there were so many rumors about what happened. Obviously his story had great impact.

As to it containing lies, there are documents, reproduced in the book, that prove what he says is true. I was convinced, and I was a real "hard sell".

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Seriously, I have read very few books filled with less hate.

It's more filled with a profound sadness.

Your girlfriend is just repeating old lies.

The only way to find out is to read the book.

If something is true, lies cannot alter that. If something is false, its falseness should be made manifest.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

When I read the book I was struck by its lack of hate towards the GB.

While he exposes the GB and organizations claims of being God's organization, I feel it was done in a honest way with documented proof that a member of the GB would be entitled to have in his possession.

As far as any anger on his part I would expect their had to be some but he seems to have it well under control as anyone who claims to be Christian should.

The book I feel was well written and gives the ordinary rank & file a peak into the secret workings of the GB.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit