GB member speaks about cutbacks

by startingover 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• startingover
    startingover

A member of the GB spoke in this area recently. I understand one talk was about endurance. No surprise there.

I was informed that he mentioned there has been talk of cutbacks at Bethel. He said there were not cutbacks but because the productivity with faster equipment requiring less workers and also because much of the printing that was being done in other countries, some have left Bethel to go to the MS training school or out to where help was needed in the field. I was told they are still accepting and encouraging applications to come to Bethel.

This didn't make sense to me. However after talking to someone in the know, it seems this is like any large corporation. They are getting rid of the dead weight that costs them and probably recruiting new blood that is trained and up on the latest technology. That makes sense, after all it is nothing but a large corporation where the bottom line is important.

I started thinking about the talk about endurance. I remember going to meetings when the CO was in town, and hearing talks about how the numbers were down in the congregation or maybe the circuit. Got to motivate the troops. Lay on the guilt trip, that always seems to work. But for them to ever admit that there was a slowdown worldwide, or maybe that they really needed to make cutbacks at Bethel, I don't think that will never happen even if it was true. It would be too demoralizing to the troops.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I think talk of cutbacks and low meeting attendance and slow growth does add stress to the membership but for most of the dubs I think it encourages them to stay strong in spite of hard times.

They feel that they know something no one else understands. They have secret knowledge that due to Satan's machinations not many will listen to. That gives them a feeling of "me against the world" and that feeling can be very strong. When the numbers go down the hardcore get stressed because they are doing even more to show how special they truly are and how much they believe it regardless of the slowdown of others.

• benext
    benext

Bethelites are being encouraged to learn foreign languages and are transferring out of English speaking congregations to French, Spanish, Korean ones if they don't want to be "downsized."

• metatron
    metatron

There were 24 issues of the Awake in a year. Now there are 12.

There were mailed subscriptions to the magazines in the US. Now there are none.

There was food service at assemblies . Now, there isn't.

Congregations used to place large numbers of books, as in the '70's. Now, they don't.

This GB member claims "no cutbacks"

Judge for yourself: Is he lying?

metatron

• Gregor
    Gregor

I thought the topic was "GB member speaks about outbacks"

I thought maybe they were into making money with steakhouse endorsements.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

The society still must be raking in alot of dough, it stikes me as odd they coudn't afford to keep the Bethel family members on with the paltry amount of money they give them, I got fourteen dollars a month when I was at Bethel in 74. Where is all that money going?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    They are getting rid of the dead weight that costs them

I was told as much by a dub online. He said he just applied to Bethel and was under the impression they are trying to get rid of the older volunteers to replace them with younger ones. I don't know if that's true.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Their errors are catching up with them, as it seems there are many signs of terminal decline in jehovah's one and only org especially in the more enlightened developped world.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I was told as much by a dub online. He said he just applied to Bethel and was under the impression they are trying to get rid of the older volunteers to replace them with younger ones. I don't know if that's true.

Too many medical expenses. Sad when you think about it... these people devoted their lives to the WTS and as soon as they get too old and sick they are tossed to the side with no medical benefits or pension to speak of.

The WTS just used them up and then tossed them.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Judge for yourself: Is he lying?

No, he is just knowingly mistaken!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit