Mayem at a High School Basketball Game!

by Billygoat 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
  • Billygoat
    Billygoat

I've watched this three times already and I still cry watching it.

• beachbugg
    beachbugg

yeah I cried too!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

That was awesome , I have tears rolling down my cheeks .

• gumby
    gumby

Ok....I cried.

Thanks Billygoat.....what a great way to start a day with seeing this.

It also shows the human compassion of others towards a kid such as this. Simply awesome!

Gumby

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Fantastic!

Thankyou so much for that

• figureitout
    figureitout

Damn you all... My overnight guest :-) came out of the shower and asked what was wrong. They were showing this story on ESPN this morning and it was pretty cool. I think I am completely done watching ESPN for a while. A couple of weekends ago(superbowl week) they had a story of a flag football league for Mentally Handicapped children. Each kid gets the ball only one time to score and there was a kid who just weeks ago asked not to recieve any more treatment and is well dying. The kid had a seizure before the game but still wanted to play. Got in there and dropped the ball. He was so sad and distraught. He wnet to the sidelines had another seizrure, etc. They gave him another chnge and he scored.

That is my motiviation forever. That kid is dying freaking had a seizure and still set out to accomplish his goal. G' Damn getting teary eyed again....

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The real question now is - why didn't the coach have him in all year!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    The real question now is - why didn't the coach have him in all year!

That was what I was wondering!!! Either way, you know this boy is a school legend now.

• figureitout
    figureitout

Because technically he was the team manager.. aka water boy equipment manager. At the end of the day the coaches job is to win games at that level and to develop his talent for the years to come. The coach did a WONDERFUL thing even letting that kid get in the game let alone to shoot. But after his stellar performance the question is why in the world didn't the coch play him earlier. Heck at that level I guess caoches can make mistakes. Even Jordan didn't make the cut one year in HS.

Great Story for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit